1.6 Update Skull Cavern Help

It's been 2 in game years since the update and I've checked Mr Qi's room every Monday and still not had skull cavern invasion quest am I missing something? Is there something I need to do to unlock it? Trying to click the button in skull cavern and it comes up with a "?" I know I can't do It until I have the quest but I'm not sure what I can do now

HaleyRocks

Planter
It's been 2 in game years since the update and I've checked Mr Qi's room every Monday and still not had skull cavern invasion quest am I missing something? Is there something I need to do to unlock it? Trying to click the button in skull cavern and it comes up with a "?" I know I can't do It until I have the quest but I'm not sure what I can do now
Have you finished the hidden quest (from secret notes), "the mysterious Mr. Qi"? And the one that asks you to reach 100 level of the skull cavern for the first time, on his behalf???

Lew Zealand

Helper
I've had Mr Qi's room open for about a year and a half and have only gotten Qi's Kindness and the Junimo Kart quests once each. Not sure about Qi's Crop, that doesn't exist, fingers in ears not listening lalalala! Like 24k Ancient Fruit said, I think you've had really bad luck but it doesn't seem to be completely unprecedented.

Lew Zealand

Helper
So I wonder what would happen if you were to reach level 100 the very first time you enter the Skull Caverns...
If you mean without getting the Level 100 quest from Qi (as I think he asks you to go to 25 first?), I've seen some posts about this. You get a Treasure Chest (like a regular Skull Cavern Treasure Floor) but no Qi or the custom room. Qi's Level 100 shows up after you trigger that quest.

Ereo

Helper
If you mean without getting the Level 100 quest from Qi (as I think he asks you to go to 25 first?), I've seen some posts about this. You get a Treasure Chest (like a regular Skull Cavern Treasure Floor) but no Qi or the custom room. Qi's Level 100 shows up after you trigger that quest.
i think you could get really lucky and get the secret note on the way down. I’m not sure if you have to sleep after reaching floor 25 but I don’t think so. But unless you have that note, it’s a normal treasure floor. The chest was added in 1.5 or 1.6, before that, it would have been an empty floor.

went
So I wonder what would happen if you were to reach level 100 the very first time you enter the Skull Caverns...
So now I think I may know the answer to my own question (halfway). I used the Skull Key for the first time and dove into the Skull Caverns the other day to go Prismatic Shard hunting. I managed to make it past floor 50 (but not 100) and went after every Iridium node I could find. I found a floor with like 10 Iridium nodes. 2 of them yielded Prismatic Shards -- jackpot! And now to see if I can roll that "Preserving" Enchantment on my Advanced Iridium Fishing Rod (but that's a story for another thread)...

Anyway, on my next game day, I received Qi's first Skull Cavern Quest in the mail -- to get to Floor 25. I hit the "Accept" button and immediately heard the "Quest Complete" sound. I did not venture into the Skull Caverns that day. The next game day, Qi sent me 10,000g.