Skull Cave 100 reward should be a permanent speed boost

VoidEgg

Greenhorn
The horse is cool but kind of inconvenient. I would love to be able to run fast without the horse or constantly eating meals.

VoidEgg

Greenhorn
Wait until late game... when all the inconveniences of the horse disappear.
Not really all of them. Even with that it's still pretty cumbersome. Maybe you could pick the reward you get at level 100, in case you're someone who likes the horse.

imnvs

Local Legend
I honestly don't know what inconveniences you're thinking of if you think that after getting everything you could want from Ginger Island that the horse is still cumbersome.

Lew Zealand

Helper
ooooOOOOOOOOOooooo...... So it'd be like a shopping trip!

Bobbi (raising voice, calling through house): Eeeeliooooot.... I'm heading out to Skull Cavern to pick up some stuff. Need anything?
Elliot: Do they still carry Lobsters?
Bobbi: Lobsters?!? It's a cave... —ern, not an aquarium.
Elliot: The last time you adventured through the Mines you returned with a Crab, and we cooked the most wonderful Crab Cakes.
Bobbi: Yes...... Well then... Adding Lobsters to the list. Anything else?
Elliot: No, I'm sure you'll find something nice once you snoop around in the back.
Bobbi: You sure you don't want to come with?
Elliot: Certainly not. Every time you scratch your spelunking itch you return at the crack of 1:50am with that accursedly loud Return Sceptre of yours——
Bobbi (whispering into her chest): Don't listen to him! He doesn't understand us, he's just jealous!
Elliot (ignoring Bobbi): ——just dripping in goo knows what, leaving your hideously mutilated clothes in a soggy, semi-sentient pile on the floor. And you know who has to clean that monstrosity up? Pierre has lye on backorder just because of you.
Bobbi: You knew what you were signing up for in this marriage, after all your last book was based on my first year in Pelican Town.
Elliot: I thought you were exaggerating to make it sound exciting! How was I to know it was literal? ...and so gooey?
Bobbi: Well, toots, prepare yourself because I have a date with Mr. Qi and I hear he's expanded the choices in his new Level 100 Emporium of Rare, Unusual, and Only Modestly Overpriced Items.
Elliot. Ah, that explains why you're dressed like a hoodlum crossed with a chimney sweep. Just text if you find something interesting.

Later that day, significantly farther underground:

Bobbi (mumbling): ...Mr. Smarty-Pants... this could be evening wear... OK except for the black beanie... and if I turn the skull shirt inside out.... This had better be Level 100 as I'm carrying enough quartz to ruin Abby's dental work.

Mr. Qi: Ah, you received our bulk mailer! Did you bring your 100% off coupon for first time customers? We have quite the selection, newly expanded!
Bobbi (brandishing a slightly crumpled and soggy card): It's seen better days but has excellent sheeting action for serpent guts. Not so great for slime.
Mr Qi (carefully taking the card by one corner): Yes, I'll speak to our supplier about that. Nevertheless! It is valid for today only on any single item, can I interest you in some Snake Milk? Instant Horse Teleporter? A Stardrop?
Bobbi (jabbing at her phone): Oh, probably don't have coverage down here, eh?
Mr. Qi: The Wifi is complimentary, we are not barbarians here. And it would get a trifle dull if I couldn't stream Premier League. The password is 'Twilight Sparkle'.
Bobbi (eyeing Mr. Qi): Yeeeeesssss.... That makes some odd sense.
Bobbi's phone: Elliot! Do we need snake milk?
Elliot's phone: No and you know that's just branding- snakes are reptiles. And the last snake milk you got tasted just like eggnog.
Bobbi's phone: Well, anyway it looks nothing like that and it says Iridium on it. That's always good!
Elliot's phone: No fake milks! We have cows for that. ...I mean for real milk!
Bobbi's phone: OK, how about a Leave Sceptre? Gets me anywhere in the Valley immediately from home. It's perfect!
Elliot's phone: You're singlehandedly destroying the peaceful tranquility of Nature with that blasted Return Sceptre, scheaowning 10 meters south just so you don't have to walk around the house. No way.
Bobbi's phone: Pfft, fine. I'd probably get fat from not walking anyway. But if we change our minds, you know the next time I come down here the stock's all gonna be different, just like JojaCo Club. OK he's got a Magic Dwarf Gadget with speech to text on the page, maybe that could help with your next book?
Elliot's phone: Sounds great, grab it.

The next day, as Elliot rolls Bobbi out of bed at 10am with his boot...

Elliot (smelling of slime goo and soap): Didn't read the fine print, did you?
Bobbi (not making eye contact): Uh-oh. Maybe? It was dark in there!
Elliot (mock thoughtful): Hmmm, I wonder why? Seems like you've opted-in to a yearlong contract of monthly ink deliveries...