Single Adoption!

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
I think it'd be wonderful if the Farmer was able to adopt children while single, or if they have Krobus as a roommate. It's something that happens in real life, so why not here as well? Perhaps this can be done by having the proper house upgrade first, and then paying a fee to file adoption papers at Lewis' house? After the papers are filed, the baby would arrive in two weeks as usual. As mentioned in another thread of mine, I think this could also be a good alternate way to get the "marriage" stardrop without actually having to get married.

Seriously having to deal with surprise social worker visits for leaving the kid at the farmhouse with 8 funaces and a chest full of coal while you spend a week at ginger island getting taro for Caroline wouldn't have any negative effects.

Make sure to include babysitters and or homeowners ins policies

LRangerR

Local Legend
Seriously having to deal with surprise social worker visits for leaving the kid at the farmhouse with 8 funaces and a chest full of coal while you spend a week at ginger island getting taro for Caroline wouldn't have any negative effects.

Make sure to include babysitters and or homeowners ins policies
Don't forget the chest full of bombs and explosive ammunition, as well as the "decorative" axes you have all over your living room, and the unfenced fish ponds that are totally a drown hazard, and...

But in all seriousness we need a single adoption it's a little cringe that the only way to get wholesome dialing from krobus with the kids is that we marry have/adopt 2 kids and then kick your spouse to the curb like last year's tree of the winter star

Lemon_Stone

Rancher
But in all seriousness we need a single adoption it's a little cringe that the only way to get wholesome dialing from krobus with the kids is that we marry have/adopt 2 kids and then kick your spouse to the curb like last year's tree of the winter star
I definitely agree. The dialogue that you can get with Krobus if there are kids in the house is adorable, but I don't wanna have to divorce someone just so I can get to see it. Maybe this could also be an alternate way of getting the Full House achievement with Krobus in the house?

I definitely agree. The dialogue that you can get with Krobus if there are kids in the house is adorable, but I don't wanna have to divorce someone just so I can get to see it. Maybe this could also be an alternate way of getting the Full House achievement with Krobus in the house?
I mean I wouldn't mind if it was a little shadow dude and a orphaned dwarf

ISSsloth

Farmer
This. I really really really love Krobus, and I know that I couldn't be able to divorce anyone. My farmhouse is missing a few door blocker/hat stands.

mouse

Farmer
Haha, I too am desperate enough for a few extra lines from shadow bestie to arrange a temporary co-parent before moving in with First Mate Krobus :D