Shouldn't there be a way to visit a villager, during their birthday?

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I encountered an issue for the first time. Elliott's birthday during rain! The person stayed all day long, inside his cabin, which i couldn't enter, because i wasn't friends with! And i cannot be friends with, unless first delivering him his birthday present!

This is too strange, for a man of arts, a well cultured and sophisticated individual. This is very rude, to go "shut-in" mode, especially during their most special day, refusing to see anybody at all. He didn't even go to the Sallon for a drink, or something!

Shouldn't there be another workaround, before reaching Mr.Qi's walnut room (Key to the Town)?

Other villagers are isolationists also. Sebastian stays too much inside his room. Sam isn't an early bird and ventures outside late in the day. But Elliott simply overdid it. Solutions? Workarounds? My entire scedule to reach true perfection took a small blow in the friendship department, here. And i ignored 1.6 minor changes; i thought gold quality Flounder could again give you best Luau score but unfortunately, that is now shifted at gold quality SMOKED Flounder, instead!

Benhimself

Rancher
I don't believe gold flounder was ever enough for the best result? Pretty sure you needed (gold) catfish or sturgeon at least, fishwise.

Rough luck with it raining on Elliott's birthday but that's a risk you take completely ignoring him up until then, I guess! Honestly spending a rainy day chilling inside a beachside cabin being visited only by actual friends sounds like a pretty pleasant birthday all things considered.

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I don't believe gold flounder was ever enough for the best result? Pretty sure you needed (gold) catfish or sturgeon at least, fishwise.

Rough luck with it raining on Elliott's birthday but that's a risk you take completely ignoring him up until then, I guess! Honestly spending a rainy day chilling inside a beachside cabin being visited only by actual friends sounds like a pretty pleasant birthday all things considered.
Only that nobody visits. Only Farmer was outside a shut-door, all day long, fishing while waiting for that door to open -but it never did-.

As for Flounder, i am positive Gold one makes the governor say "This is the best soup i have ever tasted", in 1.5! Because i didn't keep a gold quality cauliflower there, i hadn't found truffles yet and i resorted to Flounder(s). Besides, smoked fish is a newfound thing, so i believe it changed from Raw -> Smoked, in 1.6!

imnvs

Local Legend
Only that nobody visits. Only Farmer was outside a shut-door, all day long, fishing while waiting for that door to open -but it never did-.

As for Flounder, i am positive Gold one makes the governor say "This is the best soup i have ever tasted", in 1.5! Because i didn't keep a gold quality cauliflower there, i hadn't found truffles yet and i resorted to Flounder(s). Besides, smoked fish is a newfound thing, so i believe it changed from Raw -> Smoked, in 1.6!
I actually don't remember if a gold quality flounder was enough in 1.5. Gold large milk is my usual go-to because that's not hard to get by the luau.

And that nobody visits is just a quirk of how NPCs act. Nobody ever actually visits Elliot the way things are coded, but he has friends that presumably do visit him occasionally "off camera".

Ereo

Helper

still playing on mobile, and I had a save file two days before the luau:

IMG_3191.png

That’s the second best reply. I was too slow to screenshot the smiley.

If I recall correctly, it’s linked to the item prices and those haven’t changed with 1.6.