Setting the Kitchen Table (decoration)

KristopherGrows

Greenhorn
I think the resources already exist in the game to pretty easily enable one to set a table of food in their kitchen. The logic is as follows:

The long tables at the luau are set with plates of food, most of them identifiable as just the existing icons for different dishes arranged on them. This is visually similar to the display area for artifacts/minerals in the library. Finally, placing a single display item on smaller tables is already implemented.

It occurs to me that the same code used for the library collections and for single-display on small tables might be used with the longer tables to allow up to eight food items to be set out with minimal additional resources or coding required. I would suggest looking into it as a possibly easy addition in functionality, similar to sitting in chairs.

Personally, I wouldn't go with eight item slots but with seven, two evenly spaced along either of the long sides (to line up with a setting for a family of four) with three more down the center (offset from the placement of the four to resemble serving dishes or centerpieces). That, however, I expect would be somewhat more involved.