Select differrent character(s) to play on the same farm.

FarmerBoy

Newcomer
Hello Farmers,

I don't know if this suggestion or question has been asked in the past, i am new player to stardew valley and have been playing the game heavily the past month. I started to play with my wife as co op and continued to play together (local split screen), however as for now we are more busy thus i would like to select or an option to change character so i can play my char while my wifes not at home.
She created the farm and therefore she is the main character and i cannot play solo on my own char unless i open split screen.

Since the progression (story based, skills, etc) is binded to the character, and the character has been created on the same device, i think that this is technically possible.

what do you people think of this idea? Also if this request/suggestion/question has been asked and/or been answered before (couldn't find with the forum search) then please let me know and if possible provided with a link to said post.

thank you all and wish you a beautiful day in Pelican Town!

Could be especially nice if you incorperate your kids. Have them aged to look similar to the Jack and Jill sprites from harvest moon where they are almost a foot shorter(perspective wise) than the main character. This way you could get stats transfered over lorewise as the parents would teach what they know. Maybe include special penny's school classes events.

Could be a bigger incentive to not dove your kids

FarmerBoy

Newcomer
that's even more story driven. I haven't played harvest moon though so i don't know these lovely people :)