Seed press bonus higher quality inputs

I like the idea. It would fit for there to be a certain chance of getting more seeds (and a reduced chance of getting mixed seeds). But I think a guaranteed additional seed would be too much of a benefit. Perhaps a second and better (more expensive) seed maker could increase the number of seeds in the manner suggested.

Silver star input +1 seed, gold star +2 seed, iridium +3 seed

That would make sweet gem farms viable. I am all for that. Tired of putting in a berry and getting when not getting mixed seeds or ancient fruit getting 1 seed back for month long fruit cycle

imnvs

Local Legend
To be fair, @Zen_the_Ogre , you should not be putting sweet gem berries into the seed maker. Your best return is buying them at 1k from the travelling cart.

@imnvs oh I am talking about growing a ginger island farm with sprinklers and lvl 3 quality fertilizer to grow seed stock. I mean if I have 200 and sell 100 and seed the rest at a 4 min/6 max I can set it up to be more efficient than buying the seeds.
With multiple seeds not being promised and the max being at 48 a month using the seed makers would be viable if quality dictated base amount

It makes me feel like a heirloom farmer rather than buy Monsanto seed that your not allow to regrow and so help you if there is cross pollination on your non Monsanto crops

Bagginses420

Newcomer
Can the seed maker have a higher chance or a flat seed bonus for the higher quality input?

ie. Silver star input +1 seed, gold star +2 seed, iridium +3 seed

Like the farming grow bonus gives extra for harvesting some plants.

Yesssss!!! I absolutely dislike that I put a gold star or iridium and only get one seed back.

Kurachi84

Planter
Instead of +1 with each quality increase, maybe 5% for silver, 15% for gold, 25% for iridium for one extra seed?
Less chance for "failed" attempts on top would be nice, too. So that it still increases the chance of getting crop seeds.

If i weren't clear on the first half:
Silver = 5% of getting 4 crop seeds from silver, 15% for gold, 25% for iridium.
Plus less chance for non-crop seeds, including Ancient seeds, as it'll be focused on crop seeds.
Not that you'd really need Ancient seeds from crops if you have Ancient Fruits and a seed maker, but i just wanted to base it on the crops.

Maybe making Luck a factor, so that the given percentages above are lower, but get buffed with Luck.
And Ancient seeds being Luck based would do... would even be nice to have a low Luck day to get crop and mixed seeds mostly XD

Groff_

Greenhorn
Can the seed maker have a higher chance or a flat seed bonus for the higher quality input?

ie. Silver star input +1 seed, gold star +2 seed, iridium +3 seed

Like the farming grow bonus gives extra for harvesting some plants.

AHHHH I WAS THINKING THE SAME THING! I put a gold hop in the seed maker (on accident) and i only got on seed! I am in full support of this!!!