Secret woods

Tinks

Planter
How do I get in the secret woods?

Also I'm near 10 hearts for Penny and it says to 'go to the forest' for the cut scene..is the secret woods, the forest they are talking about? ...as I don't seem to have unlocked that area yet in either game???

Thanks

Quirinea

Farmer
How do I get in the secret woods?

Also I'm near 10 hearts for Penny and it says to 'go to the forest' for the cut scene..is the secret woods, the forest they are talking about? ...as I don't seem to have unlocked that area yet in either game???

Thanks
"Forest" means just the Cindersap area (South and Southwest of Marnie's. The route to the Secret Woods is blocked by a hardwood log. You just need an iron axe.

Tinks

Planter
"Forest" means just the Cindersap area (South and Southwest of Marnie's. The route to the Secret Woods is blocked by a hardwood log. You just need an iron axe.
is the 'cindersap area' the lake/trees just to the side of wizards house? or where you go down from Marnies over the bridges (towards that sewer Vincent and Jas saw something in)?..sorry my sense of direction is terrible so south to southwest means absolutely nothing to me! :blush:

Yep all of that. It's the whole loading zone South of your farm, with Marnie's and the Wizard tower and so forth. You just need to go there on the right kind of day with the right kind of weather at the right time. If this is the one where getting Penny squared away is priority # 1, 2, and 3, you can just keep going back there every few hours until you get it. It's when entering that area that the game checks to see if the conditions are right for the scene in question, so don't just hang there all day, leave and come back over and over.

As far as the secret woods, I mean, it's a secret and all. Are you sure you want to know? If so make sure you have an axe good enough to cut down big logs and stumps. Then see if doing so anywhere frees up any paths, and make sure you're checking all your screen edges for hidden transitions.

Tinks

Planter
Yep all of that. It's the whole loading zone South of your farm, with Marnie's and the Wizard tower and so forth. You just need to go there on the right kind of day with the right kind of weather at the right time. If this is the one where getting Penny squared away is priority # 1, 2, and 3, you can just keep going back there every few hours until you get it. It's when entering that area that the game checks to see if the conditions are right for the scene in question, so don't just hang there all day, leave and come back over and over.

As far as the secret woods, I mean, it's a secret and all. Are you sure you want to know? If so make sure you have an axe good enough to cut down big logs and stumps. Then see if doing so anywhere frees up any paths, and make sure you're checking all your screen edges for hidden transitions.
I wasn't sure if the secret woods was the forest they were talking about!! thought there maybe good foraging items there too to make more money!

I'm trying to save up for the Kitchen now on Kenny's Farm as I'm so close to 10 hearts with Penny and then the pendant I need from the Mariner.
I know you can't grow crops in winter as in first day of winter on the Forest Farm

btw how do I get water for the dog/cat bowls when the ponds are frozen over???

Ereo

Helper
I don't think the ponds can freeze over 🤔 I only remember the fountains in town being frozen, everything else stays open.

You can get water anywhere - farm ponds, the river, forest pond and mountain lake, the kitchen tab, in the greenhouse, even the sea (apparently, there's no salt water).

Tinks

Planter
I don't think the ponds can freeze over 🤔 I only remember the fountains in town being frozen, everything else stays open.

You can get water anywhere - farm ponds, the river, forest pond and mountain lake, the kitchen tab, in the greenhouse, even the sea (apparently, there's no salt water).
ok I just reached first day of winter on forest farm...the ponds on the farm looked frozen! didn't look anywhere else as I finished there as soon as I got my ducks, to switch to Kenny's Farm.

I'm enjoying switching between games..will get Kenny & Penny married then switch back to Forest Farm for a bit and try and get those tea saplings from Caroline before spring starts so I can start planting them first day of spring!

I haven't got the greenhouse up in either game...it doesn't show any options to ask whether I want to repair it or anything??

I've got something called a 'Mountain Totem' in one of the games but don't know what to do with it??

Lew Zealand

Helper
ok I just reached first day of winter on forest farm...the ponds on the farm looked frozen! didn't look anywhere else as I finished there as soon as I got my ducks, to switch to Kenny's Farm.

I'm enjoying switching between games..will get Kenny & Penny married then switch back to Forest Farm for a bit and try and get those tea saplings from Caroline before spring starts so I can start planting them first day of spring!

I haven't got the greenhouse up in either game...it doesn't show any options to ask whether I want to repair it or anything??

I've got something called a 'Mountain Totem' in one of the games but don't know what to do with it??
Look at the Golden Books in the Community Center rooms and note at the bottom of the popup window what your rewards are for completing all the Bundles in those rooms. In there is your info about the Greenhouse and other nice rewards.

The Mountain Totem is a single-use thing. Try this: At the start of a day, Right-click on it and see what happens. Note how useful and wonderful that was and then quit and restart your day, thus restoring your Mountain Totem. You can then plan how to use it in the future.

I usually forget I even have them so they never get used, which is utterly ridiculous as the Totems directly address one of my complaints/annoyances about the game.

The problem with not remembering anything is that you forget stuff.

imnvs

Local Legend
You use a totem by having it as your active item, like a food item... and then use it by right-clicking. They are single-use or consumable items. Most totems do the same basic thing, but keyed to the locale named in the name of the item. And you noticed the items' full names are "Warp Totem: [locale]" too, yes? I don't think it a real secret that it warps you to the locale... a specific spot at that locale too. You'll also eventually notice that anywhere that can warped to has a tell-tale marker that shows where you'll warp to at that locale, and yes, it will always be to the same specific location at each locale.

I wasn't sure if the secret woods was the forest they were talking about!! thought there maybe good foraging items there too to make more money!

I'm trying to save up for the Kitchen now on Kenny's Farm as I'm so close to 10 hearts with Penny and then the pendant I need from the Mariner.
I know you can't grow crops in winter as in first day of winter on the Forest Farm

btw how do I get water for the dog/cat bowls when the ponds are frozen over???
Your watering can is magic, it converts from salt water to fresh, the ocean is always an option, as is any body of water. Just watering the bowl it should last you a week or two so not too bad.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Speaking of this, can someone please explain how the ice fishing competition works? Where does that body of water come from???

Ereo

Helper
Speaking of this, can someone please explain how the ice fishing competition works? Where does that body of water come from???
The only explanation I can come up with is that Rasmodius creates a pond there just for the competition. Have you noticed you can catch all sorts of fish? They don't usually live together!

Without magic, someone has to bury a couple of barrels of fish in the open spots, and the rest is just an ice rink.

Ereo

Helper
Don't worry, fishing is hard for most people in the beginning! (Just try searching for fishing here and see how many threads pop up)

But it'll get easier with training. It's just a matter of getting used to the speed at which you need to tap to keep the bar still/moving up or down.