Seasoned Noob

ValleyGirl

Tiller
Hi all - just realised there's a forum here! Been using the Wiki for ages. I started playing SDV last year with my then 9yr old when it launched on the Xbox for the first time. We got totally addicted very quickly and share a farm together (sharing money)... its a great game to play with your kids, but I also love playing on my own as my son is a very messy farmer and our shared farm does not comply with OCD credentials.

I have the game on my Android tablet too and my own farm in now in fall of year 5. I'm pretty chuffed with my progress and was hoping my next challenge would be Ginger Island, only to discover that this update hasn't come out on the mobile versions of the game yet!

So far I have...
- Completed the Community Center
- Completed the Mystery Bundle
- Got down to the bottom of the mines
- got to level 25 and level 100 of the skull cavern
- have the Galaxy Sword
- Done the Dark Talisman Task
- Have one Jumino hut and working on getting another
- Hatched dinosaur eggs
- done all house upgrades possible on mobile
- got married and had kids
- reached level 10 in mining, combat, fishing, foraging and farming
- won grandpa's approval and have the statue of perfection
- and lots more in between

I first married Maru, but decided to divorce her to marry Emily so that I could get the magic boots and outfit she makes. Tempted to divorce her too and marry someone else... and maybe get rid of the children to see what happens there.

In our Xbox game we're married to Sebastian and Abigail and all have purple hair. ha ha.

So I'm now just twitching and waiting for the next update... and while I hang around, I'm making my farm look pretty and trying to make loads of money to get the warp towers and golden clock.

What else is there to do? Cook every meal I guess and catch every fish - I'm rubbish at fishing though and find it really boring. There is no way I'll ever be able to catch the legendary fish!

Would love to show you my farm - how would I do that? Screengrabs?

Anyway - that's me - drop me a hello and let me know where you're at with the game. It would be great to make some Valley Pals as at the moment its a lonely pursuit as my partner is not a gamer!

Hill Myna

Farmer
Hello ValleyGirl! Welcome to the Forums.

I love when people share their farms! The Valley Showcase section is the place to do that. And yes, screenshots are the way to go, this guide gives you the instructions.

Glad you and your son are enjoying Stardew! I had heaps of fun playing Splitscreen with my mum. Which farm map(s) have you played on?

At the moment, I'm working on a Beach Farm, currently Fall Year 1. I'm sharing my progress (when I have time :D) in this thread; that's where I'm at!

Mobile will get 1.5 (the Ginger Island update) eventually, progress is being made. You'll definitely see an announcement here on the Forums when it happens!

In the mean time, I'd recommend catching every fish. I quite enjoyed the challenge, and if you need advice, either look through old "Fishing Help" threads or start a new one. People here are happy to help!

Looking forward to seeing you around!

astatine210

Rancher
Welcome! Nice to have some more parents on here who enjoy playing SDV :). I have the same issue as you where my SO does not game so I haven't had the opportunity to try the multi-player/co-op version. I don't know if you checked, but there is a section in the forum for seeking out people to play with depending on the platform you typically use and you can specify age group, timezone and type of play and preference of communication (I think i've seen some people would rather speak vs use chat feature or visa versus)...

Hi! Nice to meet you, ValleyGirl! As others have said, don't worry about the update. It is in the works. There have been some roadblocks, but we're getting there. Also, if you're interested in making loads of money, I recommend Ancient Fruit wine. I have made about 100 million from basically nothing but Ancient Fruit wine lol. Yes, I'm a power gamer if you couldn't tell. 1300 kegs and counting as well as the equivalent amount of Ancient Fruit-- and I'm not even the most excessive person here! Anyways, it's nice to meet you!

ValleyGirl

Tiller
I don't know if you checked, but there is a section in the forum for seeking out people to play with depending on the platform you typically use and you can specify age group, timezone and type of play and preference of communication
OMG that sounds awesome I've been a gamer ever since the ZX Spectrum came out, my partner has never shown an interest. Minecraft used to be my game of choice but SDV is my main obsession now. I love playing with my son and the local spliscreen coop option is great. But I'd also love to join up online if thats possible with other SDV folk. I will check that out later tonight

ValleyGirl

Tiller
Also, if you're interested in making loads of money, I recommend Ancient Fruit wine.
Funny you should say that! I've just upgraded my shed and getting a second. Filling one with preserve makers and the other with kegs. My greenhouse only grows ancient fruit and I'm on a mission to make as much money as possible before the end of year 5. Want to get some warp towets and the golden clock.

ValleyGirl

Tiller
The local co-op definitely has its issues, i think most of them got smoothed out, but it's a fun experience none-the-less.

Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your time here.
Its a shame there isn't a local coop option on tablets. Its great on the xbox with a few limitations but I love playing with my son.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Hello ValleyGirl!
Welcome to the forums, it's really fun having some new people here and always nice to have another person to talk and discuss with.
As some have said, there are some definite roadblocks with the mobile update, I used ot play mobile only and constantly and was incredibly exited for 1.5 when it was announced for it not to release.
I was incredibly sad but decided abotu a week after the update released to get the PC version of the game which I promptly did not play, a slight oversight.
Anyhow though, a little over a year later I really started playing PC as the wait was becoming a serious problem even though the reasons were completely understandable and I feel sorry for CA for have been but into this position.
A @WhiteEagle12 said too, I am what has been titled as "power gamer" and dabble in min-maxing so if you have any questions about the game, please do ask, I'm sure that I and many others here would be glad to help.
Have a good day.

ValleyGirl

Tiller
Welcome to the forums, ValleyGirl! Nice to meet you!
What else is there to do? Cook every meal I guess and catch every fish - I'm rubbish at fishing though and find it really boring. There is no way I'll ever be able to catch the legendary fish!
Not a fan of fishing either. Most of the fishing was done by my little brother. I am more to manager of the farm.