Creator Response Season Deck and Festival Cards

LoneAlder119

Newcomer
Loving this game! Hoping to gain some clarity when it comes to building the season deck. The rules suggest using the 16 standard season cards on the first few playthroughs. Are festival cards considered to be season cards? Are they included in the season deck in addition to the standard / whichever 16 are used in a given game? Or do they replace a season card?

If they are considered to be a season card, do players treat them as a normal season card after resolving their instructions (i.e., do players still have a planning and action phase after revealing a season card?)

Thanks! And looking forward so SO much to many more playthroughs.

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Glad to hear you're having fun! :smile:

Festival Cards are considered Season Cards, so they can be randomly mixed in and used when building a random season from the 20 cards possible. They should be treated, when drawn during the game, as regular season cards (carry out the instructions on the card, then proceed to planning phase and then action phase as normal.) Thanks for these questions, hope this helps!

Glad to hear you're having fun! :smile:

Festival Cards are considered Season Cards, so they can be randomly mixed in and used when building a random season from the 20 cards possible. They should be treated, when drawn during the game, as regular season cards (carry out the instructions on the card, then proceed to planning phase and then action phase as normal.) Thanks for these questions, hope this helps!
Just played and loved it! Just to clarify that every season should only be 4 turns long? And when the season end card comes you do not do any planning or actions? Thanks!

Colito

Board Game Designer
Staff member
Just played and loved it! Just to clarify that every season should only be 4 turns long? And when the season end card comes you do not do any planning or actions? Thanks!
This is correct. Four turns per season and then the season end card is more like an upkeep step which then goes directly into the next season card / turn. So in a game you'll have a stack of 20 cards in the season deck but you'll only take 16 turns.

This is correct. Four turns per season and then the season end card is more like an upkeep step which then goes directly into the next season card / turn. So in a game you'll have a stack of 20 cards in the season deck but you'll only take 16 turns.
Thank you so much! Can’t wait to keep playing!

Berticus

Newcomer
Question about the season cards, do those events trigger in a specific top to bottom order? Or can be executed in any order?
For example, I have George as a friend and his gift ability is to remove one Joja tile. I then turn over a season card which has a gift icon then a Joja tile below it.
Can I add the Joja tile then activate George's gift to get rid of it? Or does it have to be played in order so that I can't use George's gift ability on that same turn?
Thanks.