Windows [HELP] SDV takes too long to open and load saved files.

crzyhawk13

Newcomer
Hi! I've bought the game in steam and been playing it for almost a year and haven't encountered any problems even with mods, It loads files very fast, does not crash and responds very fast, until now.

This happened when I'm using Vanilla (NO MODS/SMAPI)
When I opened steam, the game automatically updates into 1.5.6 and now it won't start. It only say "Running" but there's no display, it took 10-15mins. before the game finally launched. When I click on "Load" It took me another 15mins. to show the world and when I click the world, It took me 30mins to almost an hour to play. But when I play, it crashes, when I talk to an NPC, try to plant seed or even cut grass, sometimes it does not respond and the window prompt "Stardew Valley is not responding." So, I have no choice but to end the task.

Same situation goes when I'm using SMAPI (which I downloaded from Nexus) with a single mod in it. Does not launch. Game take way too long to load the files. Game take way too long to load the world. And when it loads, game crashes, does not respond and will take 30min - 1 hr. before it respond.

I tried using the BETAs compatability for x32 but it can't run SMAPI since it needs the SDV dll, it launch the game smoothly but the file loading takes too long (30mins.)

It's frustrating to think that you can't play the game you bought.

Here are the things that I tried:
1. Running the game in Admin.
2. Re-installing the game (10 times)
3. Re-installing Steam (10 times)
4. Laptop Restart (countless times)
5. Deleting the startup_preferences in %appdata% SDV Folder
6. Verify integrity of game files

My laptop is a 64-bit windows.
Using a 256GB SSD (Steam and SDV File Loc.)

Can someone, maybe a developer of the game or a mod help me?

jzzagzzj

Newcomer
i have the same problem!!! and iv done everything you have!! im not sure what happened one day the game was fine and now its unplayable