Scarecrow range tip

Honestly no idea how I only just realised this myself despite playing Stardew almost since it first released, but thought some other people might find this useful too

There I was, late at night on new year's eve, laying out flooring for sprinklers for new crops in Spring. Now, I normally do this during daylight hours but I'd spent the whole day running stuff through seed makers and didn't even start until well after sunset. Eventually it became a bit too gloomy to see, so I rustled up a quick campfire and plonked it down where the scarecrow would go to light my way. By the time I had nearly finished placing, I realised that the edge of the light is a nearly perfect fit for a 40 sprinkler layout so I took a quick photo

Screenshot_2024-02-24-18-09-57-14_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Scarecrow range extends just beyond the light by about one tile

Thank you! As a new player, I've been scared to put scarecrows down for the reason I think it won't cover my big farm layouts (I do it in sets of 25, since I purchase sometimes hundreds of cash crops, and then the leftovers in rows of 3). Now I'll do this at the end of every season. Thanks so much!