Xbox Save File crashes when trying to load up

Apex

Newcomer
Was enjoying stardew with a couple friends and was experiencing a few bugs such as when they got a prismatic shard it would spawn on me no matter where I was on the map but nothing game breaking. But then we sleep for a night and my mate wakes up to find a few of his chests had been randomly deleted. So I restart my game hoping that his chests return but instead the game file refuses to load and every time I try to load the game it just crashes. I restarted console, reinstalled game and even deleted the save data from the console but it all lead to the same outcome. So is there anything else I can try or is it just time to find a new game?

DragonGwen

Farmer
I don't play Xbox, sorry :( Most of us play on PC where it's easier to access save files and other junk. I hope that someone who knows how to do this sees y'all and helps 🙏
(Just noticed that there's a middle finger emoji🤯)

Irisbean

Greenhorn
Well, my game also crashes while loading a save, but I play exclusively on my phone. I also didn't get a response.

Infamy1

Newcomer
at this point with only replies from modders and no word from the dev or a moderator, all we can do is cross our fingers that they somehow found the savebreaking issue we are experiencing and it gets patched in the next update.

another gamebreaking issue they might miss is:

that if you remove the small bed during the process of upgrading your house (the point in which your little bed becomes a double bed) and then sleep in a cabin bed, the game breaks the day the upgrade finishes. wont let you save im pretty sure.

the reason i did this is because i prefer the small bed to the big bed because its smaller. and you have more room for other furniture. so with the knowledge that it forces ur little bed to become a big bed on the night of the upgrade i grabbed my bed to prevent this, and the game fragged out. was just trying to avoid the cost of buying a small one from robin because i play on low income.

wait no, i dont play at all now brcause this is the fourth console file ive lost in 3 years. that kindof stability has pushed me to not even try this game again unfortunately. i know its not anyones fault the current console situation and not having access to our files is why we cant be helped, but man it sucks. 200+ hours each time down the drain. you gotta really love this game to pick it up after 4 of these.

Infamy1

Newcomer
again, giving players the ability to copy backups of their own files on console would band aid the issue because we could at least recover something ourselves. because the auto backup features of consoles (and no way to turn it off or on) breaks everything. it automatically bavks up the corrupted file. and breaks your file with no recovery options.