Issue Save file Broken [Fixed]

PlayingBath

Greenhorn
Hello,

I am playing on a windows PC, my game comes from Steam. My issue comes after passing out (0 health in the mines). The rescue sequences doesn't seem to be triggered. I get three dots, but no mention of my player's name. Then a black screen. It's not crashed and will continue to run until I exit. My mouse can still move around and, interestingly enough, click the tool bar (invisible) where I can change item (I can hear it). If I pass out from exhaustion, I return to my house no problem, so only 'dying' seems to be the issue. Here is what else I figured out :

- The problem is not so much with the mods as it is with the save file itself : Uninstalling the mods and SMAPI results in the same issue.
- It is only one save-file. My older save does not have that problem, although it was never moded to begin with. Only vanilla.
- I have checked files integrety after uninstalling the mods, uninstalled and re-installed the game, played with Steam as admin, and Stardew as admin. The problem persists.

I'm thinking it's a code error just because of the way it's happening but I have no clue on how to even begin to fix it.

Here is the error log for when I last tried, after re-installing all the mods and still getting the same results :

https://smapi.io/log/660b978a500b49dfbfddd2abe5aaf36c

Any help would be appreciated at this point, as I have searched all the forum possible and in existance without finding any other way to fix this :')

Attachments

Thanks for the save, log file, and extra info.
I took a quick look, and it's due to your farmer name: Y/N

The game uses forward slashes internally for separating out data; so it's causing issues here.
So, for the Mine death event; it sees your name. And once it reads the forward slash; it automatically thinks it's suppose to do something within this event.
That something being the letter "N", which makes no sense.

Hence the error you see repeating:
Code:
ERROR: Invalid command: N?"

Not quite sure what name you'd want to change it to, but you can edit it per the instructions below:

I'd recommend something without special characters.
Code:
  <player>
    <name>Y/N</name>