I have all the files I think I need
Is there any way to get my save back?
1671084451853.png

Lew Zealand

Helper
I have 3 ideas, 2 are experimental (or possibly just mental):

1. Remove current version of save and replace it with your _old version

experimental:

2. Start new Save and toss those files out to be replaced with these. This will require a small edit of your saves in Notepad
3. Scan and fix whatever is wrong with your saves in Notepad. This may be a lot of work but some people here have some experience finding errors in borked saves.

Let's just start with option 1 here.

*Important! First, make a few copies of that Saves folder just so nothing gets messed up. That would be the:

TheMullet_329378143 folder in your:

C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\StardewValley\Saves

folder. Copy that TheMullet_329378143 folder and paste a copy of it into your Documents, maybe your Downloads and Desktop folders, too. Can't hurt to have too many copies as it's tiny. Open those folders up and confirm you see the same 4 files in there.

Your TheMullet_329378143 and SaveGameInfo files from 10:19pm may be fine as you played another day, though there are good reasons these might be messed up as well. Let's try replacing the "broken" 10:35pm versions with the maybe OK 10:19pm versions.

Move your TheMullet_329378143 and SaveGameInfo files somewhere else. Maybe make a temporary folder on your Desktop and pop them in there. Now you only have the 2 files ending in _old left in that original folder. Remove the _old from the names so now you have 2 files from 10:19pm in there with just the regular TheMullet_329378143 and SaveGameInfo names in there.

Start SDV and see if you see your save. Maybe this will work, but I'm not too confident it will as chances are whatever went wrong with your final 10:35pm save was already a problem when it made your 10:19pm save. But if you're lucky maybe it was OK and you can play!