Rework on the JoJo Mart route. *Long Read*

LongShanks

Greenhorn
As it stands currently the JoJo Mart seems there for the sole purpose of being antagonistic to Pierre, and a single achievement (on xbox and playstation). I suggest revising the route to be more in line with both the story and a moral/philosophical standpoint.

Right now the prices at the mart are more expensive then Pierre's until you get a member ship but then it only goes in line with Pierre's except sunflowers. However Pierre's has way more stock then this so called super market. Pierre has tree seeds, vinegar (exclusive only to him) several seasonal seeds that JoJo does not. Making shopping at JoJo kinda pointless. In fact the distance (until minecarts) location and lack of music in store makes it a mundane shopping experience. Everything screams "DON'T GO HERE" and I think that's too blunt.

I suggest reworking it since SDW is 5 years old now (congratulations btw) into a more moral dilemma situation. Make prices cheaper (as another poster suggested limit quality of crops (even tho I say gold max)) also make them sell stuff in bundles and cheaper, ie: 10 Rice $1'500 (like a real big box store) also give JoJo all the same stock as Pierre (makes no sense the super store has less stock then a local store) however let Pierre keep the recipes (makes sense since a big store doesn't want you making your own stuff) and the wallpaper/floor and furniture catalogue (however lock these items behind community centre completion, meaning JoJo route will never get it). You could also allow Pierre to sell seeds cheaper once JoJo is taken care of.

These additions makes it more balance in my opinion and allows for people to choose. They can choose either to sell their soul for quick cash and influx of money or be community focused and obtain rewards for loyalty.

Some commentators also talk about people losing hearts for choosing JoJo and while this is fine in theory it would just add another penalty to an already punishing route. However less punishing if some people get hearts raised for siding with JoJo Mart. like Pam, Penny, Shane, Jodi, Haley, Demetrius, Maru, Lewis and Clint (economy reasons) and Morris (making him a heart villager)
People that should lose hearts would be Robin, Elliot, Sam, Marnie, Harvey, Gus, Evelyn, Kent, Leah and of course Pierre (I don't think Caroline shouldn't lose any cause she's upset with how much Pierre focuses on JoJo and sales, or Abigial cause she seems not that concerned about the shop most times anyways). There also shouldn't be a heart cap cause that would ruin an achievment/trophy.

tomaO2

Planter
We have very different ideas of what a long read constitutes. Anyway, I don't think this needs a new thread. We have a thread on the topic which has Concerned Ape actually replying, which is a thing that is pretty much unheard of (he usually limits himself to bug fixes), so I'd always prefer promoting that.

Also, you said that you want to make it more of a moral dilemma, but didn't actually articulate how. My personal solution is on the thread I'm linking.