Retaining Soil simple change; make it all work or not, depending on nighttime humidity.

DemiserofD

Sodbuster
Right now Retaining Soil is really frustrating to use once you get a steel or better watering can, because you end up double-watering a lot.

I had an idea for a really simple way to make it a bit nicer to use; just make it either ALL work, or none of it works. You could do this via nighttime humidity.

"It was very humid last night" -> Happens 33% of the time, means All retaining soils worked.
"It was a little humid last night" -> Happens 33% of the time, means Quality and Deluxe retaining soils worked.
"It was dry out last night" -> Happens 33% of the time, means only Deluxe retaining soil worked.

This means retaining soils are still equally functional, but much more user friendly!

Njin

Planter
That would certainly make me consider using it, In the early game anyways (Deluxe is awesome whenev you can get it) The weather channel could mention the humidity. It's good Ideas you got:)

Right now Retaining Soil is really frustrating to use once you get a steel or better watering can, because you end up double-watering a lot.

I had an idea for a really simple way to make it a bit nicer to use; just make it either ALL work, or none of it works. You could do this via nighttime humidity.

"It was very humid last night" -> Happens 33% of the time, means All retaining soils worked.
"It was a little humid last night" -> Happens 33% of the time, means Quality and Deluxe retaining soils worked.
"It was dry out last night" -> Happens 33% of the time, means only Deluxe retaining soil worked.

This means retaining soils are still equally functional, but much more user friendly!
Great idea.

Just for information there was another suggestion about Retaining Soil lately: