Reset on the same save

Chirinoiki

Greenhorn
I would love some sort of reset of the farm, kind of like a new game plus.
It could be all the features unlocked from the begining, greenhouse, quarrry, all of them, and you just restart the game, with the initial tools, the initial state of the farm, everything except now you can focus on whatever you want to do from the begining.
Obviously in order to have access to this you must have unlocked them already, but I think it would give players who are invested a good way to keep playing without the need of a new save, and saving you a lot of the hustle it is to unlock these features.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
There are some great mods for PC and android for doing just that but I agree, there could be a toggle that makes it so achievements are not able to be unlocked and you could select what things you want built/repaired or a file you could transfer without money and items.
It would be hard but I think possible though I only thinkof it as a modded thing.

Hill Myna

Farmer
This suggestion got me thinking. Because to me, it sounds like it would add more hustle, not less.
I think it would give players who are invested a good way to keep playing
Some players adore the early-game, others the endgame. I don't think early-game enjoyers are going to use this feature, they'd rather start a brand-new save so that they can enjoy the escalation; I don't think endgame enjoyers would either, because once they've passed through the "hustle", that's when their fun begins (see: Valley Showcase).

I'm really interested to hear how this feature would add enjoyment to the game for you, so I'm looking forward to your response!

Chirinoiki

Greenhorn
This suggestion got me thinking. Because to me, it sounds like it would add more hustle, not less.

Some players adore the early-game, others the endgame. I don't think early-game enjoyers are going to use this feature, they'd rather start a brand-new save so that they can enjoy the escalation; I don't think endgame enjoyers would either, because once they've passed through the "hustle", that's when their fun begins (see: Valley Showcase).

I'm really interested to hear how this feature would add enjoyment to the game for you, so I'm looking forward to your response!
There's a point in the game where I either stop playing entirely for a period of time, or I start a new game because I don't want to perfect every save I make, so this would allow me to replay it with a lot less investment.
I wouldn't have to check for fish, crops or mining to complete the community center, I would just have the features those bundles provide from the begining.
It even could be on the menu, you toggle that option and start playing with those things on a fresh new save.
There is a lot of people who don't care enough to "complete" the game, they just talk to the people in town, make their farm pretty and that's about it, so it would be beneficial for them too.

That’s actually what I was going to do after I got perfection! Buy a bunch of useless stuff and trash everything I own so that I end up broke with no possessions…

I’m in both worlds. I love the early game and make new games often to perfect the hustle. But until I see a major reason to want to start over and do better, I’m focused on the end game. I also enjoy the period where you can buy whatever you want and focus on any crazy thing you desire. And once I discover that crazy goal I can change my next beginning game strategy.

I would definitely enjoy starting a farm with all the fixings but I do think I would need some more challenge to make it enjoyable. Instead of grandpa leaving you a busted ole farm with a tiny cabin and a ruined greenhouse… he left you a hugely overbuilt agricultural property in a huge amount of debt. So you have advantages that help you make a lot of early money but…. You have to pay off a double mortgage or something. You can see how much cash you have on hand vs how much debt you have left to pay.