[Request] A "Solid Button Bag"

You know how you clear your inventory, but there's those 2-3 items that you want with you everywhere you go? The Wand? The Axe? The whatever-you-need always? Stuff that you want on you at all times, but sometimes you forget, or misplace.

I find this with The Copper Pan, it's a weird inventory waster where you don't want it consuming bag space but you always see the water bubbling in a weird place where you don't have it. It drives me nuts trying to find that thing!

Or the new Patch 1.5
ability to summon your horse anywhere. I enjoy the horse whistle but I wonder if that should have just been a static button instead
. I can't help but think that this should have just been a default keybind button.

I'd love to have a "solid bag" where you select from the Wizard or Qi a bunch of items/icons/weapons/tools that you keep on you as a "4th unchangeable bag" at all times that don't waste inventory space. And you can't remove them without going back to the dedicated NPC and requesting it be changed.

I have a whole bag of weapons & tools alone that I use everywhere and I can't help but think how useful it would be just to have a static bag.

I would like to clarify this request as I think there could be misconceptions to the idea.

• It's just a "hidden" hotbar customizable only in a specific location.
  • It's not a 4th bag expansion. That would be a UI nightmare with selling items, chests, etc.
  • The bar (or "tool belt" bar) would only be visible when cycling through the bag sets.
  • The items/tools/etc still remain items. No crazy recoding.
  • You "lock" your bar at a set location and can't change it unless you go back to that location. That way the items are static.
  • Anything you pick up won't go into that bar. That's to keep the items you want static.

LRangerR

Local Legend
Put pan on head.

I think a toolbelt would be cool, and you could equip certain items the way you equip clothing, but severely restrict the number of slots available maybe?

Put pan on head.

I think a toolbelt would be cool, and you could equip certain items the way you equip clothing, but severely restrict the number of slots available maybe?
Yeah I could see that.
From a technical perspective, I mentioned an NPC controlling the toolbelt because I don't know how much data has to be pushed from one zone to another.
If it's easy, sure, but I honestly wouldn't mind just going back to a centralized location to change my actions if I want them with me all the time.
I worry about swapping palettes on the fly in menus and if that would cause problems, but I'm not a programmer.