real life

talha

Greenhorn
I want to produce and sell strawberries in real life, basically like a farmer. Can I use Stardew Valley logos, names, or similar elements in my products? For example, using the Stardew Valley logo on social media or selling strawberry jam in jars with the Stardew Valley logo. Also, would naming my farm directly with this name constitute copyright infringement?

HappyPenguin

Farmhand
I want to produce and sell strawberries in real life, basically like a farmer. Can I use Stardew Valley logos, names, or similar elements in my products? For example, using the Stardew Valley logo on social media or selling strawberry jam in jars with the Stardew Valley logo. Also, would naming my farm directly with this name constitute copyright infringement?
if this is something you still want to do, follow FilthyGorillas suggestion and reach out to ConcernedApe FIRST before selling/making any product and get a concrete answer.

While I don't know ConcernedApes feelings on the issue, looking at other video game products it will probably be easier from a legal perspective to sell jelly with stardew like elements (like similar berry sprites, naming jam flavors after the game). I would steer far clear of using the actual logo itself, which is definitely trademark infringement.

Here is an exerpt from the terms of use for Stardew Valley:

"The Company’s name, the terms “ConcernedApe” and “Stardew Valley”, the Company’s logo, and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans are trademarks of the Company or its affiliates or licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of the Company. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs, and slogans on the Websites are the trademarks of their respective owners."

Last edited:
Yes, using the name, logo, or the game's sprites without expressed permission would be in violation of copyright law. You can say in your 'about me' that you were inspired by Stardew Valley and even hire an artist to make you a similar but demonstratively different pixelated logo, but do not use anything directly from the game without Converned Ape's permission.