Rats As Vermin

In your field, you get crows picking at your crops.

What if, in your Barn and Coop, if it's dirty or unprotected, you got rats? Rats steal eggs and milk, maybe they damage equipment, and make animals unhappy. But if you keep them clean, the rats don't turn up. This would add a little more challenge to people who have a lot of animals on their farms.

Another idea I had was your pet being able to protect your Barns and Coops from said vermin, if you can keep them happy through petting and water.

I am uncertain: Some people are afraid of rats. Also rats are pretty small and SDV already has (big) pixel graphics. So the rats have to be big to get identified. But if they are nearly correctly scaled the rats are just 4 pixel size animals.

Maybe this could be changed to a information popup in the morning (similar to the Meteorite info) that something was stolen in the night. This way it would be an "opposite" (unlucky) event to the Crop Fairy.

Ellajoy

Rancher
In your field, you get crows picking at your crops.

What if, in your Barn and Coop, if it's dirty or unprotected, you got rats? Rats steal eggs and milk, maybe they damage equipment, and make animals unhappy. But if you keep them clean, the rats don't turn up. This would add a little more challenge to people who have a lot of animals on their farms.

Another idea I had was your pet being able to protect your Barns and Coops from said vermin, if you can keep them happy through petting and water.
Yes!!

Our NYC rats are evolved into giants rats.
We can have giants ones at SV.

I have suggested having rats on our farm.
–Plus, have barn cats to murder them.