Ranged weapons / Hunting

S0M3D1CK

Newcomer
I think ranged weapons could use some love. Bow and arrow that could be a stronger version of a slingshot. A musket could also be added for those like me that find ranged weapons troublesome on consoles. If ranged weapons were added it could also be fun to add animals to hunt while foraging.

Cthulhu

Sodbuster
One could argue that hunting wildlife is already in the game, since I suspect an awful lot of people hunt the passive bugs for their meat. Sure, the bugs hurt you if you touch 'em, but they don't actively attack the player. Is fishing different from hunting? It's all arbitrary, decided by the individual. Incorporating hunting could probably be done in a Stardew-appropriate way.

ISSsloth

Farmer
One could argue that hunting wildlife is already in the game, since I suspect an awful lot of people hunt the passive bugs for their meat. Sure, the bugs hurt you if you touch 'em, but they don't actively attack the player. Is fishing different from hunting? It's all arbitrary, decided by the individual. Incorporating hunting could probably be done in a Stardew-appropriate way.
Apparently the fish are still alive in those chests since you can stick a 10 year old fish in a fish pond and they'll still swim around, so I don't really know if it counts.