Solved randomly got a witch hat?

TheWhirly

Greenhorn
i am confused and bamboozled, since this doesn't feel like a feature and i can see nobody else talking about this? i broke a few trees in this area of the forest farm (near the north pass) and at some point during this process a witch hat just dropped. i am on vanilla, unmodded stardew. this is not me making an april fools day joke. am i getting april fools'ed? i am only 11 days into spring, year 1, and i don't have any access to the sewing machine or anything. i am willing to answer any questions i can to the best of my ability as i can but i wasn't really recording or anything so i have no clue what happened and i have no clue how i could ever recreate this glitch. it's certainly not game ruining for me, its just a hat. but was something else supposed to drop? my best guess is item id's got a little scrambly, but if no answers are to be found i will simply accept my fate and understand that i was destined to be a witch in this run.
1712010181764.png

Last edited:

komakitsu

Newcomer
i am confused and bamboozled, since this doesn't feel like a feature and i can see nobody else talking about this? i broke a few trees in this area of the forest farm (near the north pass) and at some point during this process a witch hat just dropped. i am on vanilla, unmodded stardew. this is not me making an april fools day joke. am i getting april fools'ed? i am only 11 days into spring, year 1, and i don't have any access to the sewing machine or anything. i am willing to answer any questions i can to the best of my ability as i can but i wasn't really recording or anything so i have no clue what happened and i have no clue how i could ever recreate this glitch. it's certainly not game ruining for me, its just a hat. but was something else supposed to drop? my best guess is item id's got a little scrambly, but if no answers are to be found i will simply accept my fate and understand that i was destined to be a witch in this run.
View attachment 21006
Made an account just to say it happened to me too! Twice now i think? I randomly got a pinwheel hat and a bridal veil and can't at all figure out how I got it. I got the pinwheel hat Year 1 spring near the river east of town and the bridal veil Year 1 winter by the beach. My best guess was I hoed it up but the wiki and patch notes didn't say anything about something like that so I was super confused. You're the first post Ive seen thats anywhere near what I experienced!
More info: I'm on a fresh 1.6 multiplayer save hosted by a friend (who I think also had the bug happen as she came home one day with a pink cap and couldn't tell me where she got it)

Ereo

Helper
Yes, in 1.6 you can randomly get pieces of clothing with a lot of tasks.

patchnotes said:
  • There's now a small chance to find cosmetic items and other goodies while doing random tasks.