Racial diversity; where?

Honestly it matches alot of small communities. Since alot of communities especially rural communities are founded by families with a smaller trickle of outsiders moving in. Demetrius is a good example of this when he moved it to be with Robin.

The best way to fix this would probably be a new game all together. As instead of a 28 resident town which is about 10 households you would need about 25 households which would allow for more diversity just on the basis of increasing the sample size. This way you can avoid making a ethnic area to balance the population as that leads to segregation appearances.

So yes I agree to more diversity but just becareful on implementation as it could make things way worse

The lack of racial diversity in the game is dismaying. Everything else is great.
It's mentioned already before.

I have written in another topic already: diversity is not about representation of everything everywhere than more about liberty! And liberty in turn is always the freedom to do it differently or here to have things not representative... ;-)

Last edited:
To have things not representative is to not be inclusive. I am absolutely FOR representation and inclusivity in Stardew Valley.
This is why I say sample size needs to be increased as their are more phenotype races than their are characters in the game. The only fair sample would require being in Zuzu city.

LRangerR

Local Legend
It's quite the fine line that the average person might find hard to understand, but while Stardew might exist in a predominantly caucasian area of the world, Ape has gone out of his way to make it known that there are other races in the world. (not much, yes, i know, but there is still room for growth in that aspect.)

Leavo

Planter
[Original message removed]
It's only specific and segmented when races besides white are included, but nearly everyone being white is NOT specific and segmented?

ETA before this gets closed: What you've done here is inadvertently demonstrate that to you white is "non-specific," which is to say, the default. It should raise red flags for you that you feel whiteness has no name or specificity, but non-whiteness does and as such is inherently "divisive." Claiming that "naming" races is somehow "racism" doesn't erase that fact. And in some Orwellian twist, that "real" inclusion is the power and 'freedom' to exclude non-white people. I'm going to suggest to you again that since you are a disproportionately represented person that it would be good to have some humility about that before claiming everyone is already sufficiently represented, even when people are telling you how painful it is that they are not (yes, I am referencing the closed non-binary thread here since you are making the same contradictory arguments).

Last edited by a moderator:

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Hey guys! I briefly locked this thread due to a volume of off-topic comments. This forum is not a place for political debates and the point of the thread should be feedback in regards to a feature suggestion, not your personal beliefs.

I understand these topics ride a fine line. Keep it civil, respectful, lighthearted, and keep it to the suggestion. Further off-topic comments will be removed.

Sorry for any inconvenience the locking caused! Feel free to contribute to the topic of the thread now.

Last edited:
Don't forget the pig lady as well. I would love to learn about the gonzo? Empire. The lands that gold is worthless that the desert trader is from. Even the prairie island would be a fun diversion