Questions for someone playing Stardew Valley.

maithkano

Newcomer
I got the game a while ago, and I think I can set aside some time now to play the game. I 'm coming from someone who have love Harvest Moon Friends in Mineral Town. And here are a few questions before playing the game that would be nice to know before playing:

-Is there any time constraints when starting out in the game? Something like a plot similar to Harvest Moon where a plot that would be needing some attention to or possible events that would make the player unable to marry an NPC https://omegle.onl/ vshare ?

-Is there a Cross-save feature between PC and Mobile? I will be playing mostly on PC but it would be nice to take the game with me if possible.

-in your experience, it the game better with Keyboard and mouse or with a controller?

And Finally- Is there any tips and tricks you can share with me when starting out, I would love to have a good start in the game.

Last edited:

Ereo

Helper
Nothing important is timelocked. There are few cutscenes which you can only see if you do things in a certain time or order, but you won’t notice you’ve missed them.

you can copy your save and paste it to your phone manually, but there is no automatic or cloud function.

general tip: read everything. Letters, books, gravestones, the TV program, what people say to you. This game has a lot of hidden content but the clues are there.

if you get stuck, the wiki is great but it also contains a lot of spoilers. I would try to discover it by myself the first time.

VampireCake

Rancher
Seconding what Ereo said: read everything! Talk to people. Try things out. Look around. It can sometimes be a little bit overwhelming at first when it seems like there's so much to do, and you might run out of energy quite quickly. Don't worry - there's nothing you need to rush for. You'll be able to tackle more things each day as you progress. Most of all, enjoy yourself. :wink:

If you're stuck but don't want to accidentally spoiler things reading the wiki, you can always ask here for a hint if you just want a nudge in the right direction. :cool:

Neither is a bad option, but I prefer controller to k&m. I have small hands and the compact set-up makes gameplay go smoother. Also, with k&m, I'll occasionally use the mouse to swing my tool or weapon but instead switch to another item because the curser was over it when I wasn't paying attention to where it ended up.

Last edited: