Question about Luck and Mob Spawning

Riverspoke

Greenhorn
Ok, I'll jump straight in.

I wanted to farm coal from Dust Sprites and went to the Mines, levels 60-69.

Coincidentally, it was a maximum luck day. I also carry the Lucky Ring and I ate a Spicy Eel for speed (which also boosts luck).

Before descending, I consumed a Monster Musk in order to make the Sprites spawn in big numbers. This has served me quite well in past trips.
However, in this one, spawns were lower than expected. And here's my question. Was it just a bummer, or does Luck affect mob spawning and thus cancels out the effect of Monster Musk?

imnvs

Local Legend
I don't believe luck has anything to do with which monsters spawn, but I can't say for certain. The person that would know best is @BlaDe probably.

Sigrah

Farmer
Ok, I'll jump straight in.

I wanted to farm coal from Dust Sprites and went to the Mines, levels 60-69.

Coincidentally, it was a maximum luck day. I also carry the Lucky Ring and I ate a Spicy Eel for speed (which also boosts luck).

Before descending, I consumed a Monster Musk in order to make the Sprites spawn in big numbers. This has served me quite well in past trips.
However, in this one, spawns were lower than expected. And here's my question. Was it just a bummer, or does Luck affect mob spawning and thus cancels out the effect of Monster Musk?
I don’t believe luck plays a factor in monsters spawning. But, there are monster infested levels randomly assigned in the mines each day, and I think there’s an add-on out there that’ll track which levels are infested on a given day. They are also repeatable, which is a good way to aim for completing monster slayer goals in the adventurers guild.