Coding Help Question about after-marriage dialogue expansion mod: can I increase the random number in after-marriage dialogue?

CeliaAdermas

Newcomer
I know nothing about coding/ modding so I know I may be asking a dumb question, but I wonder if I can increase the random number in after-marriage dialogue so as to add more dialogues?

I saw from wiki that, for dialogues like <weather>_Day_<random> or Indoor_Night_<random>, a random number from 0-4 will be chosen so there could be at most 5 dialogues in each category. Then I checked other dialogue mods. It seems to me that other mods follow the same rule. However, I want more than 5 dialogues, for example, Indoor_Day_7, Indoor_Night_9.
Therefore, I am thinking the following question:
1: Will the game present dialogue Indoor_Day_5, after adding Indoor_Day_5 to a dialogue expansion mod directly, without changing other stuff?
2: If no, then is it possible to increase the range of random number, for example, from 0-9? And how?

Thanks for any kind of help in advance.

TildenJack

Tiller
Simply raising the number doesn't seem possible, no. But you can include any number of random dialogue lines within existing dialogue.

For example:

"Indoor_Day_1": "{{Random: Hey, how are you? @@ Hey, what's up? @@ Hey, there's even more random dialogue here. |inputSeparator=@@}}"

CeliaAdermas

Newcomer
Simply raising the number doesn't seem possible, no. But you can include any number of random dialogue lines within existing dialogue.

For example:

"Indoor_Day_1": "{{Random: Hey, how are you? @@ Hey, what's up? @@ Hey, there's even more random dialogue here. |inputSeparator=@@}}"
Thank you!

I just tried that in a line (Rainy_Day_2) then the [Content Patcher] ignore that line as: 'Rainy_Day_2' value is invalid: using token Random requires Format version 1.10.0 or later.

However, I am using the lastest version of content patcher (1.27.2) and I also updated my SMAPI to the latest version.

TildenJack

Tiller
However, I am using the lastest version of content patcher (1.27.2) and I also updated my SMAPI to the latest version.
Doesn't matter, as the version number the mod uses is defined in the content.json. So you have change it there by updating the number next to Format.