Switch Prismatic slime bug

hhrr24

Newcomer
Hello.

I'm trying to solve that quest -on Nintendo Switch- for a while now.
During a first attempt I ran around in the mines for 6 of the 7 days the quest lasts. 2 of that days a friend helped me on multiplayer... What makes 8 days.
I'm on the 4th day of my second attempt to get the quest.
That's a total of 12 days in the game now and I'm starting to get a little sick of it.

I tried the different tricks explained here and there like watching only the levels finishing with -5 but none helps.

It's written about 1% probability to meet a prismatic slime. I killed (or met) more than 200 and not a single time I saw a prismatic slime.
To make it short, they seem not to exist, at least not on the Switch version.

The game and the system are UP to date.

Does anyone know something to get around that bug?

Last edited:

MogBeoulve

Farmer
It's just the curse of low percentage drop and random numbers. I've generally not had a problem finishing the quest, but it's probably because I never use monster musk. If I actually cared about the reward, I'm sure I would fail a lot more.

hhrr24

Newcomer
Thanks for your answers.

Finally I just tried again with my girlfriend on a multiplayer game. We did all the 7 days killing monsters in the mines.
Adding those I did before, that's a total of 26 in game days of searching that thing.
We have about 480 slimes in the inventory but still no prismatic slime found.
I can now easily state that the Nintendo switch version is bugged.

According to other comments I read here and there, I'm not the only one in that situation.

All the methods showed on YouTube or on the wiki do not work, like spaming lvl 5 or lvl 69, or jumping between the levels 5, 15, 25, 35....

Going on trying is useless and frustrating. We will simply give up that quest. Maybe we'll try again if an corrective update comes out before we finish the game.

I remember in the 90' or before (most) software that was produced was reliable. Especially Nintendo. Those times are over...

Last edited:

VampireCake

Farmer
Does the animal name item spawn glitch work on Switch? 🤔 I understand you might not want to do that, though, even if just to get around a bug.

I've been there with both bugs and RNG hell - probably most of us have in one game or another. It's frustrating. I hope the lil rainbow blob pops up soon. :smile:

hhrr24

Newcomer
Hi Vampire Cake.

Not at all. If I can use a glitch to bypass another. I spent hours on that quest in vain...

Great clue that glitch. I'll give it a try.

Last edited: