prismatic QI quest

Joseph buzbee

Farmhand
the prismatic shard collecting QI quest should be changed so that you have to collect 4 prismatic shards which you don't have to give, instead of giving 4 prismatic shards which you may already have in a chest. currently doing that quest is just getting 4 prismatic shards out of your chest and having to get rid of them

imnvs

Local Legend
the prismatic shard collecting QI quest should be changed so that you have to collect 4 prismatic shards which you don't have to give, instead of giving 4 prismatic shards which you may already have in a chest. currently doing that quest is just getting 4 prismatic shards out of your chest and having to get rid of them
That would officially make it both the hardest and the least-chosen Qi quest even ahead of the prismatic grange (I mean, srsly, who has the time to gather together so many things of specific colors???), I guarantee. I get that the special orders and some of the help wanted quests require you go find new things... but prismatic shards are not easy. Only folks that are truly late game can find them in any quantity with any reliability. If this were implemented it would be penalizing everyone that isn't already really in the late, late game (like has perfection so gets a shard/day automatically), and I can't support that.

Lew Zealand

Helper
That would officially make it both the hardest and the least-chosen Qi quest even ahead of the prismatic grange (I mean, srsly, who has the time to gather together so many things of specific colors???)...
Lulz, prismatic grange was dead easy for me as I'm a hoarder. The first quest I did and I hope I get it 5 more times as I can fulfill each that day.

OK ok I should sell stuff on occasion...

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
That would officially make it both the hardest and the least-chosen Qi quest even ahead of the prismatic grange (I mean, srsly, who has the time to gather together so many things of specific colors???), I guarantee. I get that the special orders and some of the help wanted quests require you go find new things... but prismatic shards are not easy. Only folks that are truly late game can find them in any quantity with any reliability. If this were implemented it would be penalizing everyone that isn't already really in the late, late game (like has perfection so gets a shard/day automatically), and I can't support that.
Idk, prismatic grange is actually one of the easiest for me, this is what I use.
1. Yellow, sap, always sap, why not?
2. Orange, c'mon, if you can't get 100 copper ore that's on you
3. Red, spaghetti, if I'm short on time just explosive ammo, I always carry the stuff around anyway, at least more than 100
4. Purple, iridium ore, I usually have too much, even before I'm going to GI (fall or winter) I'm usually racking in 100s a run, usually about 4-5
5. Green, fibre, if you want you can buy grass starter and after you've bought a deconstructor you can deconstruct 10x less for the same amount, by far the cheapest at only 10,000 to 1000g
6. Blue, this one can be annoying, for me who did joja it's only a trip away to get 100s of cola but otherwise you have to get them from the saloon, I would reccomend having blueberries in pots with DRS for ease of use if you want otherwise

As for prismatic shards, I can pretty safely assume I am on the "better" side of stardew playing, at least for doing stuff quickly, but I'm usually rolling in shards before GI, my first save on pc I had 16 spare before winter when I went to GI but nowadays I can have easily many dozens before then, at that point I'm only doing SC runs for fun as I have everything iridium and get about 4-5 shards a run, maybe 2-3 if unlucky so 4 every month is not even worthy of thought.
Just my ideas though, I get where you are coming from in terms of your thoughts though.

Joseph buzbee

Farmhand
oops. I was just referring to the prismatic shard one. I forgot about the other. also it is not at all hard to get 4 prismatic shards in a month if you go mining consistantly