Pride flag furniture items?

TheStarSailor

Farmhand
It’s a really small addition and won’t contribute much to the game, but I think it’d be cool to have pride/LGBTQ+ flags as a furniture item to put in your house, purchasable like most other furniture items.

Kurachi84

Planter
Yeah, this game is made to be in another life, not to be in reallife.
I think such things are better to be where it's needed, while SDV has no problems with LGBT related stuff, like marriage.
LGBT was created because of many countries and people not accepting these people, while in SDV, some just find it weird, but aren't making a problem of it.
Mods do add stuff people want, so that's basically the free DLC, one could say!

Mcwhalen

Farmhand
Didn't mean to put down the idea. But, great reply. Im speaking from a canonical perspective; it'd be like putting that flag into the starwars or mario universe.
However, it's no different than the peace symbol on a poster or something most people wouldn't see as a statement etc.

Cheers

Odin

Staff member
A few people here have mentioned modding, so I wanted to mention the mods LGBT Pride Flag Paintings and Pride Flags! These mods are great for anyone on PC and Android, but of course don't cover players on console and iOS.

I understand the point that it would be a challenge to incorporate the full range of LGBTQ flags in a way that fits the in-world universe. However, I also think it would be very easy for the game to offer additional LGBTQ iconography. The 1.4 update added several new uses for the prismatic shard, so I think it would certainly fit within the game for a future update to add rainbow furniture. And I think an in game item could use the colors of a LGBTQ flag without there being any issue of something feeling out of place. For example, Sylveon from Pokemon does this.
I think such things are better to be where it's needed, while SDV has no problems with LGBT related stuff, like marriage.
I will just briefly note that there are threads on this forum of people's ideas on how Stardew Valley could improve representation and inclusiveness. So I think whether or not there areas the game could improve in depends on who you ask :)

Kurachi84

Planter
I will just briefly note that there are threads on this forum of people's ideas on how Stardew Valley could improve representation and inclusiveness. So I think whether or not there areas the game could improve in depends on who you ask
That's why i gave my opinion about it.
I just don't want such political topics in a game i want to escape with from reality, that's my thoughts about it.

Lappy

Sodbuster
Didn't mean to put down the idea. But, great reply. Im speaking from a canonical perspective; it'd be like putting that flag into the starwars or mario universe.
However, it's no different than the peace symbol on a poster or something most people wouldn't see as a statement etc.
Saying "It doesn't need to be put on a pedestal" sounds condescending. The OP is asking for objects to be purchasable and to be able to put it up in their house - not for it to be flying in the middle of town, or on any "pedestal".

But in a way, you're absolutely correct: it does NOT need to be put on a pedestal. All you have to do is not purchase the flag.