Powerful Iridium Pickaxe

Just how good is the "Powerful" enchantment at the forge?

An unenchanted Iridium Pickaxe requires this many hits to break the following rocks:

Gold Node: 2 hits
Iridium Node: 4 hits
Diamond Node: 2 hits
Volcano rocks: 2 hits
Cinder Shard Node: 3 hits
Radioactive Node: 5 hits

How many hits would a Powerful Iridium Pickaxe need to break these rocks?

Bawby

Farmer
This is embarrassing, because I actually have that enchantment and can't remember most of those for sure. I think all of those are the same except for the volcano rocks and cinder shard nodes. 1 and 2 shots respectively with a powerful pickaxe I think.

This is embarrassing, because I actually have that enchantment and can't remember most of those for sure. I think all of those are the same except for the volcano rocks and cinder shard nodes. 1 and 2 shots respectively with a powerful pickaxe I think.
Well then, would you be able to jump into your game really quickly, do a "test run" in Skull Caverns and Volcano using like 50 Staircases if needed to test your Powerful Iridium Pickaxe on these specific nodes, then quit the game without sleeping (so you can, in effect, restart the day)? In fact, if you choose to do this, feel free to back up your game beforehand, which might be safer. :wink:

Pretty please??? :toothy:

Couldn't let me be lazy, could you? No problem.
I verified...
Gold: 2 hits
Iridium: 3
Diamond: 2
Volcano: 1
Cinder: 2
Radioactive: 5
Thank you so much! :heart::heart::heart:

As I am several game days away from unlocking Ginger Island, I shall be going to the Volcano a lot, hoping to be lucky enough to get the Hot Java Ring and enough Cinder Shards to combine things like Burglar's Ring and Slime Charmer Ring.

Powerful seems to be the best enchant for your pickaxe. Recommend and approve! Volcano rocks, suddenly seem to be much weaker, than initially thought. Only radioactive ore requires 5x hits, but that's what Bombs and/or Napalm ring, are for!
I was trying to decide between Powerful and Efficient for this. Powerful is really really good if you get the Energy Blessing from the Statue of Blessings.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
The powerful pickaxe is only really any use for volcano runs, as you go from needing 2 hits per rock to 1, effectively doubling the speed you mine through those rocks. For anything else you're better off going with swift and receiving an all round 33% boost.

So if you're running a lot of the volcano then consider it, and if not then switch it up (if you care enough, late into the game you may not even use the pickaxe too much)

congrats! bombs and staircases are your friend there.
Staircases are good to have (Jade anyone?), and I admit to using them liberally the very first time I had ever reached Floor 100 in any playthrough.

However, if you manage to do it for the first time in your playthrough without using Staircases, the Mr. Qi has something different to say when you get there. I tend to find myself holding off on using Staircases until I get to Floor 100 in Skull Caverns for the very first time. There are no extra rewards for doing that, but I like to challenge myself that way.