Power Panning? (Late Game Spoilers)

Salty1

Planter
Okay, apart from the taro roots and the fossil tail, has anyone else found odd stuff while panning on Ginger Island?

I've found iridium a few times, which was nice but I did actually see iridium once back over on the mainland. It feels more likely on Ginger Island, but that could just be probability working in its favour.

But today I got some truly wacky results - a lucky ring, an omni-geode, a diamond, and a lump of coal, all from a single panning! And it was from a spot right next to Willie's boat by the ocean (keeps weirding me out you can pan in the ocean on the island too).

I didn't even know it was possible to get a lucky ring in this manner, and I have to wonder if it is exclusive to the island or if it is just part of the global probability. I might need to rethink whether panning is mostly useless or not.

imnvs

Local Legend
I pan every time I see the shimmer in the water... which isn't often.

Once I got all the artifacts I needed for the museum, I changed from Tracker to Botanist. I kinda miss the Tracker profession.

Phate4569

Planter
I kinda miss the Tracker profession.
Once I setup my (mostly) self sufficient farm I get rid of Botanist. By then I have a huge stockpile of iridium foraged items.

Previously I'd sub for lumberjack due to hardwood shortages. I think in this 1.5 save I'm going to go with tracker until I stockpile some lucky rings.

1.5 has massively changed the way I play (for the better).

Cuusardo

Farmer
Tracker on a Riverlands farm is fantastic because you have so many opportunities for shinies in the water.
I went Tracker for a while with my Riverlands farmer, but eventually I switched to Botanist. One thing I love about the Botanist profession is that it saves a lot of inventory space.