PC Potential bug: Coconuts not iridium quality with the forage profession

Platform: PC (Steam)
Game Version: 1.5.3
In-game language: English
Single-player

I have the profession that makes all my forage iridium quality. When I pick up coconuts from the ground in the desert, my coconuts are iridium quality, even though they are labeled "fruit" and not "forage". However, when I pick up coconuts from trees on Ginger Island, my coconuts are normal quality (no star). They should all be iridium, shouldn't they?

I am trying to avoid spoilers as I play the 1.5 update (e.g. not reading changelogs or threads here), so if this inconsistency is as intended my apologies. If there is a progression system and they will eventually change in quality, please do not tell me that. Thanks!

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
If they fall from a tree, then they will not be iridium. It's only items that appear on the ground that will benefit from the Botanist skill that makes things iridium. You'll see the same behavior in the desert if you shake palm trees there - occasionally coconuts will fall from them (though they're not visible beforehand like Ginger palms) and they will be regular quality. Similarly, during the berry bush seasons, example in Fall if you find a blackberry on the ground as forage it will be iridium but if you shake it off the berry bush it will be regular. This is standard behavior.

Ereo

Helper
I disagree about the berry bushes, they are iridium if you have the botanist profession.

The palm trees in the desert have always behaved this way. I think it's ok that they act more like a harvest than forage.

BlueTrillium

Farmhand
Ah you are correct about the bushes, now that you mention it. -scratches head- I wonder why I thought they didn't... hm. Sorry about that mixup.