Portrait Art Mods, pixel or non-pixel?

IntoxicHeart

Planter
I’m going to be creating portrait art for vanilla NPC’s and SVE NPC’s. This has got me to thinking about the preferences for other players when it comes to portrait art mods.

Which do you prefer/like more for Stardew? Pixel portrait art or ‘regular’ CG non-pixel art? ^^

I’m contemplating on the possibility of making both pixel and non-pixel portrait arts. Thoughts?

I’m going to be creating portrait art for vanilla NPC’s and SVE NPC’s. This has got me to thinking about the preferences for other players when it comes to portrait art mods.

Which do you prefer/like more for Stardew? Pixel portrait art or ‘regular’ CG non-pixel art? ^^

I’m contemplating on the possibility of making both pixel and non-pixel portrait arts. Thoughts?
Hm, I don't play with mods, and I probably never will, but in my opinion, I would say pixel art. It's just part of the charm of SDV and I think that at least for the sake of congruity you should do pixel art. Either way though, I think it would look good.

Lew Zealand

Helper
While pixel art is more in tune with the original style of the game, any art is welcome. Do what makes you happy. Do whatever's easier for you, or whatever's harder for you if that's your motivation.

I get the impression that pixel art is quite difficult as any slight change that's made changes the overall character of the drawing pretty significantly. I love looking at CA's evolution of the main characters as he evolved his art style in the game, the numerous portraits of Abigail being the most illuminating. Especially as many of the interim versions are just as good as the final form. Just different.

IntoxicHeart

Planter
Hm, I don't play with mods, and I probably never will, but in my opinion, I would say pixel art. It's just part of the charm of SDV and I think that at least for the sake of congruity you should do pixel art. Either way though, I think it would look good.
Thank you for the feedback!

While pixel art is more in tune with the original style of the game, any art is welcome. Do what makes you happy. Do whatever's easier for you, or whatever's harder for you if that's your motivation.

I get the impression that pixel art is quite difficult as any slight change that's made changes the overall character of the drawing pretty significantly. I love looking at CA's evolution of the main characters as he evolved his art style in the game, the numerous portraits of Abigail being the most illuminating. Especially as many of the interim versions are just as good as the final form. Just different.
Thank you for the feedback! I like both types of art, which is why I’m conflicted about which to do/which I should do first if I do go the route of making both. ^^;;

For me, pixel art is a bit harder than non-pixel art, but I have done it in the past before. I give major props to people who are able to consistently put out pixel art. I think it can be a bit more tedious than non-pixel art. However, I’m certain for some others, they could find it to be vice-versa.

Also, I love looking at those too! I find it absolutely fascinating to see both the evolutions of the characters and his style. Bloody brilliant!