Please let us fix the house that the Mouse lives in who sells us hats <3

Vladolak

Greenhorn
As title says, Id love it if we could fix it up because its always run down and I feel bad when it rains/snows and seeing it look like its about to fall apart

Ideas to do this:

Have chonky forest bear that we feed food show up again with a new set of food requirements and upon completion, he fixes the house.

Do a series of requests or deliverys for the wizard and he magically fixes the house

Buy enough from the hat seller reaching a certain threshold where he fixes it up as time goes by.

Donate money/materials to fix it at say Robins.

Community bundle for Hat Sellers House

I posted about it on r/stardewvalley and the idea got alot of traction and I was told to post it here

Ill leave in a link to the post and also a screenshot too <3 Thank you for taking the time to read <3

Screenshot_20210207-044234.jpg

Post of Fixing Hat Sellers Home

Last edited:
I would very much like this as a community upgrade, but hope that it gets implemented in some fashion even if it's done in one of the other methods.

imnvs

Local Legend
Hmmmr... 100k gold? That seems kinda cheap. Pam's house is 500k and 950 wood, and the shortcuts is 300k. Sure, we probably aren't going to be building a 4-room house for the hat mouse, but it looks like it has 2 stories, so at least 2. I think it should be more expensive than 100k and a couple hundred wood. I mean, nobody has suggested getting any tangible benefit out of it... but do we get a tangible benefit out of upgrading Pam to a house? Not at all, and that's the more expensive community upgrade so far. I'm thinking something like 250k and 400 wood, half the cash and a little under half the wood compared to Pam's.

Vladolak

Greenhorn
What does a mouse need with a two-story house, anyway?

Why, then it would have room for its mousey little relatives to move in, who make fabric and scarves and gloves and find trinkets in the fields to barter!

^_^ I feel like if Emily found out, she would be 100% on board.

Vladolak

Greenhorn
My bad, I thought i had added the link to the post, I made sure to add it ^_^

Its under the post screenshot

LRangerR

Local Legend
I feel that the most fitting idea would be that Leah finds it while wandering around the forest and tells Robin about it, (Probably in a cutscene) and then it's another community upgrade. The trash bear would also fit though.
I feel like SDV does a good job at keeping the mudane and the magical separate (with the exception of Ginger Island and the Wizard of course). So as cool as it would be for Leah to find the hatmouse, I don't think the average villager would react well to seeing it. It'd probably work better with the Trash Bear, or Wizard, like someone said.