PLEASE HELP! Game won't let me save- stuck on the same day

RosieT09

Greenhorn
I have lots of mods that are as up-to-date as they can be, but yesterday I loaded my game (I'm in fall year 2), and it isn't allowing me to save my game. As soon as I load in, my Smapi log goes nuts, and when I try and sleep, it crashes the game. I've deleted loads of mods; mods that are out of date/ ones that I don't use in-game anyway, and nothing seems to be working. Can anyone help? This is my Smapi log:

https://smapi.io/log/19d016325cbc4b18967c8fa8eab7bea4

I haven't been able to play the game for a few days and I'm starting to loose hope on my save which I've got almost 400n hours into. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Surleaux

Greenhorn
I'm not an expert at all but I can offer a few suggestions and possible routes to take. First off, the version of Json assets you have installed is only compatible with SDV 1.5, and from the looks of it, you're playing on 1.6, so you need Json assets v1.11.8, not v1.10.14. Also you have 2 copies of "(CP) Button's Extra Books", so you'll have to delete both and reinstall it. Similarly with "Not-So-Basic Kitchen (all-in-one)" because the folder is empty. Do those first and see if the error persists.

Unfortunately, that's about as much I can concretely help with because the main error that keeps repeating in your log (for over 9000 times lmao) seems to be an issue with a base game function (something having to do with your player character, an NPC's movement/schedule, and/or a farm animal function). I was going to suggest that you uninstall all your mods, and then reverify your game files/uninstall and reinstall Stardew, so you can do a clean reinstallation of all your mods (preferably on a new file first, installing mods in batches to help narrow down the culprit, like I did). But honestly, I'd highly suggest leaving that for a last resort, as it's very time consuming and might not fix your issue. My last 2 suggestions are to 1. Post your problem on the r/StardewValley subreddit, as well as in any Stardew based discords centered around modding, and 2. check out this link I found on Reddit that seems to indicate a (seemingly) similar issue to yours: https://www.reddit.com/r/StardewVal...te_ive_discovered_how_to_solve_this_specific/
I found it by copy and pasting this line from your SMAPI log: at StardewValley.Character.Halt() in D:\GitlabRunner\builds\Gq5qA5P4\1\ConcernedApe\stardewvalley\Farmer\Farmer\Character.cs:line 526

I tried looking for 'Character.cs:line 526" in the game files, but could not find anything except XNB files, and despite trying, I know too little to help with unpacking them.

I sincerely hope you are able to solve this issue, and I hope I could at least point you in the right direction. Take care, and good luck!

RosieT09

Greenhorn
Thank you so much for this, it is incredibly helpful! I ended up starting a new save (after uninstalling Stardew, and reinstalling and starting afresh with mods). I think that I had either deleted something from the actual game files and was unable to recover it, or I had deleted a mod that just ended up completely messing up my game. It's a shame, but tbh I forgot how much fun starting a new game was... So I suppose there's an upside! Thank you for all of your help today, you are incredible!!!!! <3

Surleaux

Greenhorn
That definitely sounds plausible, and absolutely salvageable if you ever decide to fix it. But I'm glad I could help in any small way, and I'm very happy to hear you're having fun with a new save! Take care :- )