Player should be able to trash items

HaleyRocks

Sodbuster
Like the Normal Scythe, Scissors and Milk Pail. By the point you are able to buy autograbber for all your coops/barns and are able to roll through the quarry, those become useless, highly irrelevant. There were some bugs/exploits before, that would allow you to deal with those. In the current version, the only thing you can do, is put them in a chest and dump them somewhere.

If one wishes, they should be entirely gone! No?

LRangerR

Local Legend
If it's a player choice, yes, but at the same time, if you're allowed to trash them you should be able to buy them again at some store. Maybe sell the pick at clints and the various other items at relevant shops around town. It's actually a pretty good idea. This would fix everyone's missing watering can problem, lord knows I've fallen victim to that a few times as well, lol.

Like the Normal Scythe, Scissors and Milk Pail. By the point you are able to buy autograbber for all your coops/barns and are able to roll through the quarry, those become useless, highly irrelevant. There were some bugs/exploits before, that would allow you to deal with those. In the current version, the only thing you can do, is put them in a chest and dump them somewhere.

my advice is be careful what you put in the can...trashed some items i'll never get back and it still haunts me and i regret it.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Easy way to get rid of anything is to get it as an item on the ground then save and leave the game which despawns it.

it’s easier said than done as you can throw some items onto the ground. There are other ways though. For example placing items in chests or other storage than that storage being broken. You can do that by placing in front of npcs or where the traveling cart comes weekly when it’s not around.

you can “unupgrade” your tools that way too, upon destroying them the game will spawn you a new one.
There are handier ways to do this though including some fun ways to dupe tools using loopholes in the code regarding this mechanic.

Lew Zealand

Helper

There's no reason to be able to trash the normal Scythe as you can never get it back. You can re-buy the Scissors and Milk Pail but not your initial tools which includes the Scythe. Maybe if you could buy it from Marlon then trashing it would be a decent option for those who don't like it, but this goes a little deeper.

Why would you want to trash the normal Scythe? It retains a very specific use all throughout the game as it thins the grass while collecting Hay for your Silos. The problem with the Iridium LOL, Golden Scythe is it clears the grass, making regrow proceed much more slowly and more importantly:

It leaves big, ugly, unsightly holes in your grass fields.

I spend time each week regular Scything the Grass for my animals so they have Hay in the Silos alongside a nice field for munching, and for the grass to still look even and pretty in case Abigail decides to sneak back to the farm to do some exploring. The normal Scythe is a necessary tool for Farm aesthetics so there's never a reason to trash it.

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I think, Iridium Scythe exists in mods, only. Golden Scythe overshadows normal scythe, by far. Plus, it yields yay more hay (75% chance, instead of 50%).
Honestly outside of looks the golden scythe is actually barely better. I don’t know where rumours about it started but it’s never been that amazing.The 25% extra hay is pretty much it’s only redeeming factor, it’s biggest thing is that it’s bigger and has a larger range but that larger range is only 2 pixels lol. Bit of a disappointment, hopefully the iridium scythe will be nicer.