Placing an auto-grabber in the farm cave should auto-harvest its contents.

noobsqoou

Planter
No matter which option you go with (mushrooms or fruit) it’s very easy to forget to swing by the cave and harvest its contents. This can be especially bad for the mushroom cave, as any missed harvest flat-out blocks anything new from growing. Being able to place an auto-grabber would be a wonderful QoL feature, and I think it would be fairly balanced considering its price.

No matter which option you go with (mushrooms or fruit) it’s very easy to forget to swing by the cave and harvest its contents. This can be especially bad for the mushroom cave, as any missed harvest flat-out blocks anything new from growing. Being able to place an auto-grabber would be a wonderful QoL feature, and I think it would be fairly balanced considering its price.
I think in late game you simple dont need the cave fruits anymore. Therefor I would like to reuse the cave somehow.
Maybe as a seconde (outside) cellar or as a entrance to the mine cart system (which is already possible with mods*).
The reconstruction could be done by Robin or Demetrius.

If you really just want auto-collection you can already do so with this mod: https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/1063
(double-check ALL existing chest before to avoid unwanted automation!)

*: