Pickles and Jelly edibility and quality

tornadojack

Sodbuster
When I produce Pickles / Jelly in the Preserves Jar, I see no difference in the result if I use normal or premium fruits. It's strange at least. Why premium fruits results in simple Jelly? IMO Jelly must have the same quality source fruits have. The same is for Pickles.

And why they are inedible? In fact we shall have fruit concentrate with all properties increased including health and energy bonus.

When I produce Pickles / Jelly in the Preserves Jar, I see no difference in the result if I use normal or premium fruits. It's strange at least. Why premium fruits results in simple Jelly? IMO Jelly must have the same quality source fruits have. The same is for Pickles.

And why they are inedible? In fact we shall have fruit concentrate with all properties increased including health and energy bonus.
That is irritation for some others as well. See discussion here: https://forums.stardewvalley.net/th...e-quality-have-some-effect-on-kegs-jars.8739/

Arguably your eat the premium cuts first then can the rest for later use. Often the fruit used by juice and jams are below the thresh hold for suitability for sale. Since after processing it taste the same anyway. It's like a pig being used to make hotdogs. The butcher removes the shoulder, ham, loin, ribs, and belly(bacon) and what is left is considered trimmings which doesn't sell so ipthe trimmings, tripe, heart and stomach get ground up and turned in to a riblet or hotdog.

Bonus fact: the US military pioneered the research into making the product which is now known as the McRib out of wasted protein.