Pets

PorkChop

Planter
I have had a pet for (obviously) ever. I have still not figured out a use for them. My suggestion is that there is something they can do. One idea I had was, is that your livestock can escape their fences and stuff and the dog herds them back or something. Not quite sure. If anyone has found a use though, please tell me below in the comments. Thanks and Bye!

imnvs

Local Legend
Pets DO have one use, but I loathe to say anything outside a spoiler warning for what they do, so...

Grandpa's ghost evaluates your farm at the end of year 2, and his evaluation looks at many things. There are certain things worth a point or two, and the more points you have, the more candles light up at his shrine. If you get all 4 candles, you get a Statue of Perfection. Having a pet for which you've gotten the message that it loves you, that is worth 1 point.

PorkChop

Planter
Pets DO have one use, but I loathe to say anything outside a spoiler warning for what they do, so...

Grandpa's ghost evaluates your farm at the end of year 2, and his evaluation looks at many things. There are certain things worth a point or two, and the more points you have, the more candles light up at his shrine. If you get all 4 candles, you get a Statue of Perfection. Having a pet for which you've gotten the message that it loves you, that is worth 1 point.
Oh cool nice dude. Thanks