Perfectionist

anyone here like me who always making new game in stardew valley. I keep on making new games because there's in my mind that if i am doing like the first day im trying to do things more efficient way like scythe all the grass and get some seeds from it and taking the onions, taking clums in the beach, taking parsnip gift and buying potatoes seed in my first 500 gold. plant and watering it on the day one. taking all the vegetables and fruits drop, always checking trashcan if there was a good items and i keep on failing cause of the time and the energy are not enough to do it in all day 1 and after doing all of it. i start on cutting all the wood in my farm and around the map again , i dont eat the vegetable i plant i just keep it on the item box even the fruits and vegetable drop i found around the map. i dont know what to do and if i forgot my routine doing all this i feel like there's something wrong, something was missing and i keep on making new game again again and again. even when i play another games like MOBA games. i just want more wins in my statistics i dont like losing and i keep on making new account again and start from the beginning of the game i have this kind of thing when i was young right now i am 20 years old my birthday is yesterday i dont know how to accept that sometimes is it okay to lose and not do all the things you do something is lacking i dont know what's going in myself , i dont wanna be a perfectionist but i dont know how to cope this problem of mine.

MissDandy

Farmer
Well, I'd say it's almost impossible to get everything done on the first day. I have also started multiple farms, and it's not so much about 'winning or losing' in Stardew Valley, it's more about making progress. I'm also a perfectionist, but I look at the game like the longer I play on one farm, the closer I get to getting what I like. When you start on the first day, you don't have very much energy and it's probably very difficult to get done all the things you described. To do them all, you would probably have to play a few days. Even if you are 100% efficient on the first day, there will still be a million things left to do. So, my advice would be to look at the days in the game as progress (getting closer to what you like, and becoming more efficient over time) rather than looking at them as individual days that if you're not 100% efficient every time, you failed. If you do that, you may not need to keep starting new farms and striving for a nearly impossible perfection, especially so soon. If you give your farm time and effort, efficiency will most likely just come. (Also, happy late birthday!)

I admit that I've restarted a few times due to different reasons, some of which you've listed @Peace of Mind . However, I found myself wondering what would I have done had I continued playing on my other game. Eventually I got tired of wondering and asking myself that question so I stopped creating new games and stuck with the one I was playing with the new mindset I was going to try 'x' or 'y' on the next day/season. Ultimately, I found myself trying to min/max the game and that decreased a lot of enjoyment for me personally.

With all that said, it's YOUR game/save file. Do you what YOU want to do. It really doesn't matter what others think or feel about YOUR game/save file (see a pattern :toothy:). If you're enjoying trying out something different with a new save, do it. Whatever makes you happy is what you should do when it comes to games. We're all here to offer suggestions to make your playthrough more enjoyable with new or different discoveries without telling you what to do. Your age only means you have more time to enjoy this piece of art and that's outstanding! As a side note, having all those different games gives you a chance to go back and revisit them and try something different that you may have uncovered in a newer game.

In the end, you haven't failed at anything but you're peaking your curiosity and challenging your imagination. Just keep enjoying yourself with this great game!

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk.

PS - Happy belated birthday!

Lew Zealand

Helper
Perfection is achievable on Day 1 but continuing to follow through over the next few weeks can compound that perfection if you play it right.

Day 1: Get out of bed. This is counterintuitive as bed is warm and cozy, and that dilapidated farm has lasted this long so it'll make it a few more days. But SDV is a lackluster sleeping simulator so unfortunately you're prodded into modest action. Grab the 'snips as you're likely to stub your toe on them and hopping around on one foot gets the heart rate up too high. Plant them or whatever, but for the love of the heat death of the Universe, do not waste all your energy traipsing all the way to Pierre's to trade them in for something else. Just yesterday you took a Bus all the way from your restful Jojautomaton employment to get to this Farm, and now you're gonna abandon it? Show yourself, the Farm, and the laws of Entropy some respect and hoe, plant, & water 15x and drag your sorry butt back to bed.

You have achieved rare greatness, go ahead and pat yourself on the back. It's OK to feel you're just a bit better than the other players, they'll figure it out for themselves soon enough.

Day 2: Water 15x. The Parsnips if you like. Pace yourself and take an occasional deep breath, sweat is the enemy. Here's why: in order to perfect run this early game, you should get the Fishing Pole today as Fishing all day is secret code for "I'm ignoring everything else." Avoid Fishing today as that borders on proactive.

Day 3: The *real* perfection of this wonderful game. It's raining. You can stay in bed all day. Wow, just wow. Concerned Ape knew you needed a big reward and he delivered!

Day 4: Water 15x if you can find your crops among the weeds. Fish. You need to establish a reputation and smelling of low tide can fulfill those dreams.

Day 5: Harvest those 'snips, bung 'em in the bin. Fish, maybe. If you feel like it. But don't look like you're particularly motivated, let a lot of 'em go.

The possibilities after Day 5 are endless but really all you're waiting for is entrance to the Adventurer's Guild so you can hang with Gil and learn the secrets of his lack of ways.

But don't forget to Fish.

As infrequently as possible.

BurntToast

Greenhorn
You need to set yourself achievable tasks instead of expecting to do everything at once. It's the same in real life! See things as not just one day at a time but weeks, seasons and years. The beauty of this game is that you don't have to rush, you can reach perfection in time. There's always tomorrow.

MissDandy

Farmer
Perfection is achievable on Day 1 but continuing to follow through over the next few weeks can compound that perfection if you play it right.

Day 1: Get out of bed. This is counterintuitive as bed is warm and cozy, and that dilapidated farm has lasted this long so it'll make it a few more days. But SDV is a lackluster sleeping simulator so unfortunately you're prodded into modest action. Grab the 'snips as you're likely to stub your toe on them and hopping around on one foot gets the heart rate up too high. Plant them or whatever, but for the love of the heat death of the Universe, do not waste all your energy traipsing all the way to Pierre's to trade them in for something else. Just yesterday you took a Bus all the way from your restful Jojautomaton employment to get to this Farm, and now you're gonna abandon it? Show yourself, the Farm, and the laws of Entropy some respect and hoe, plant, & water 15x and drag your sorry butt back to bed.

You have achieved rare greatness, go ahead and pat yourself on the back. It's OK to feel you're just a bit better than the other players, they'll figure it out for themselves soon enough.

Day 2: Water 15x. The Parsnips if you like. Pace yourself and take an occasional deep breath, sweat is the enemy. Here's why: in order to perfect run this early game, you should get the Fishing Pole today as Fishing all day is secret code for "I'm ignoring everything else." Avoid Fishing today as that borders on proactive.

Day 3: The *real* perfection of this wonderful game. It's raining. You can stay in bed all day. Wow, just wow. Concerned Ape knew you needed a big reward and he delivered!

Day 4: Water 15x if you can find your crops among the weeds. Fish. You need to establish a reputation and smelling of low tide can fulfill those dreams.

Day 5: Harvest those 'snips, bung 'em in the bin. Fish, maybe. If you feel like it. But don't look like you're particularly motivated, let a lot of 'em go.

The possibilities after Day 5 are endless but really all you're waiting for is entrance to the Adventurer's Guild so you can hang with Gil and learn the secrets of his lack of ways.

This has got the be the best description/advice for starting the game ever. Thank you for this 😂

Ereo

Helper

You missed the day where you go out to explore, get lost in the woods or the mountains and can't find your way back, so Linus carries you home!

What an easy way to make friends!

Well, I'd say it's almost impossible to get everything done on the first day. I have also started multiple farms, and it's not so much about 'winning or losing' in Stardew Valley, it's more about making progress. I'm also a perfectionist, but I look at the game like the longer I play on one farm, the closer I get to getting what I like. When you start on the first day, you don't have very much energy and it's probably very difficult to get done all the things you described. To do them all, you would probably have to play a few days. Even if you are 100% efficient on the first day, there will still be a million things left to do. So, my advice would be to look at the days in the game as progress (getting closer to what you like, and becoming more efficient over time) rather than looking at them as individual days that if you're not 100% efficient every time, you failed. If you do that, you may not need to keep starting new farms and striving for a nearly impossible perfection, especially so soon. If you give your farm time and effort, efficiency will most likely just come. (Also, happy late birthday!)
Thank You for greeting my birthday i appreciate it. it is like i wanna take all the seed that i scythe from a fiber in day 1 im trying to scythe all the fiber i've find around the town and plant it in day 1 because it is important to plant more seeds in the day 1 so you can harvest it and plant more and sell it , then buy strawberry seed when it's time for easter egg. i want to stack a plants that i have been harvested for community center but i dont know exactly what kind of plants how many of it does it need and it is random in community center like when i stack for community center i forgot to plant a green beans i realized it when its day 26, i realized i messed up and wanting to start a new game again because if i wait i will wait for the next year because it's only spring season.

i always have this in my mind i dont know why i am like this ever since i was young i hate this kind of thoughts. i know that no one in this world cant be perfect, everybody have a different weaknesses but i dont understand im trying to accept it that there's nobody perfect but it is hard for me i dont know why. i hate myself thank for the commend i will read it and reply to you asap.

i just made more than one thousand account in steam i dont know if this is a mental problem, i have a notepdat that has one username and password and just adding different number per account. the F am i doing in my life.

MissDandy

Farmer
Thank You for greeting my birthday i appreciate it. it is like i wanna take all the seed that i scythe from a fiber in day 1 im trying to scythe all the fiber i've find around the town and plant it in day 1 because it is important to plant more seeds in the day 1 so you can harvest it and plant more and sell it , then buy strawberry seed when it's time for easter egg. i want to stack a plants that i have been harvested for community center but i dont know exactly what kind of plants how many of it does it need and it is random in community center like when i stack for community center i forgot to plant a green beans i realized it when its day 26, i realized i messed up and wanting to start a new game again because if i wait i will wait for the next year because it's only spring season.
I actually had the same problem with forgetting about the green bean haha! I just checked the travelling cart lady until she had one I think.