Our new challenge

susb8383

Planter
My husband and I like to compete with various challenges.

We're just finishing up this one:
You have four years to get 10 million gold in hand.
The winner is the person who has the smallest difference between total earnings minus gold in hand.

Other criteria:
No repeating crops in the greenhouse, garden posts, or Ginger Island including fruit trees.
Using random mode for both the Community Center bundles and the mine treasures.
You have to get all the stardrops
You have to cook every dish

We already have our next challenge planned:

Again it lasts four years. The winner is the person who has the most gold in hand.

In these four skills: farming, foraging, mining, fishing: you have to take one off per year including anything related. So in the non-foraging year, you can't chop down a single tree. In the non-mining year, you can't break a rock, open a geode, or smelt a metal bar. In the non-farming year, you can't make wine, feed your animals, or let them outside. Any eggs dropped have to be tossed in the trash. We're considering picking up a truffle to be farming.

You can't buy a single seed from anyone. But you can buy fruit or vegetables and turn them into seeds yourself.

Magically Clueless

Administrator
Staff member
Those challenges sound fun and interesting! I should probably do a money-making challenge myself, the achievement on steam is beckoning for me...

Linkedwulf

Greenhorn
I like how this topic shows how different people enjoy playing games sometimes. I never was particularly interested in doing challenges in any games, Stardew included. Maybe that'll change some day. I do enjoy the theory crafting that goes along with challenges, so who knows.

One thing you said peaked my curiosity though.
Other criteria:
No repeating crops in the greenhouse, garden posts, or Ginger Island including fruit trees
What would that mean? Like only one plant of any crop at the same time, like only one type per location, or every type just once and then it's off the list no matter the actual amount?

Anyway glad to hear you and your husband are finding so many different ways to make it a different experience for yourselves.

Ereo

Helper
One thing you said peaked my curiosity though.

What would that mean? Like only one plant of any crop at the same time, like only one type per location, or every type just once and then it's off the list no matter the actual amount?
I would take that to mean no multiharvest plants. Because they don't die in the mentioned locations (no season change), a greenhouse or island full of them is pretty easy money.

Linkedwulf

Greenhorn
I would take that to mean no multiharvest plants. Because they don't die in the mentioned locations (no season change), a greenhouse or island full of them is pretty easy money.
Ohh. Of course, that makes so much more sense than my train of thoughts lol.