Other child-move-out options

kailomonkey

Tiller
Maybe a more innocent adoption option at the Mayor's office.
Maybe a pay for them to start boarding school, college and their own life.
It wouldn't require a single new sprite, although the latter could include some letters home. Might require some more data keeping their names and careers or just don't sign off on the letters and pick from random repeatable events!

I can see extension to children has been suggested before but in various different ways. I understand that the valley is in some kind of time stasis so it tracks that children never get older, but currently the only option to have more is to dove-them-off,
with some secrets also implying you've effectively killed them as they come back to haunt you
. So it would be nice if there was a less triggering option.

Maybe a more innocent adoption option at the Mayor's office.
Maybe a pay for them to start boarding school, college and their own life.
It wouldn't require a single new sprite, although the latter could include some letters home. Might require some more data keeping their names and careers or just don't sign off on the letters and pick from random repeatable events!

I can see extension to children has been suggested before but in various different ways. I understand that the valley is in some kind of time stasis so it tracks that children never get older, but currently the only option to have more is to dove-them-off,
with some secrets also implying you've effectively killed them as they come back to haunt you
. So it would be nice if there was a less triggering option.
Family is not my main reason to play. But anyway....

Wouldn't it be better to raise the kids into their teens and then release them to college rather than give them away for adoption?
After leave to a college, you'd be back to where you were before the kids.

Both - teen-kids & college as well as adoption option - need to be implemented. But the first is the nicer option I think.