Option to enable market saturation

Kretisme

Newcomer
I wish there was an option to enable something that reduces the value of the items you sell if you sell lots of them the more of an over saturation the longer it takes for the value to return to normal this would be interesting as it would make you balance imidiate gains or long term viability of a item

imnvs

Local Legend
This is based on the idea of supply and demand. You think that your farm is drastically affecting the supply in the area, so with no demand change, the price would go down...

...but there is a whole world out there, outside Pelican Town. The things you sell aren't only sold to the couple dozen folks in the town. You're one person on a "family farm" instead of a "factory farm". You're having zero effect on the overall supply/demand of the world on the whole.

Kretisme

Newcomer
This is based on the idea of supply and demand. You think that your farm is drastically affecting the supply in the area, so with no demand change, the price would go down...

...but there is a whole world out there, outside Pelican Town. The things you sell aren't only sold to the couple dozen folks in the town. You're one person on a "family farm" instead of a "factory farm". You're having zero effect on the overall supply/demand of the world on the whole.
True enough I just thought it would be an interesting game feature that could be toggled on or off at the start it would be like choseing world wide sale or selling to a local farm market

imnvs

Local Legend
Oh, I get it. I've seen games that used similar systems. You're also not the first to suggest something like this here. Others have been varied exactly how they envisioned it being implemented, but the same basic idea.

It also took me a while to figure out my objection to it. Thing is, I understand that it us just my preference, however, and others might really enjoy it. With that in mind, I'm absolutely 100% behind this sort of idea if it is an option, something in the "advanced options" you set at character/farm creation. As long as everyone that wants to can and everyone that doesn't want to doesn't have to... I'm good, and I think if it makes others happy, why not?