Optimal Greenhouse crops (before getting ancient fruit)

toastercat8

Greenhorn
Can yall help me choose what crop to put in my greenhouse till i get ancient fruit
i want to make some profits
Strawberries , blueberries? (i have tilller and agriculturalist)
also if someone has any tips how to get started with iriduim mining help plz

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
Starfruit, it can even be better for profit than ancient fruit if you're growing it fast enough - in 9 or 8 days (a harvest every 8 or 7 if accounting for constant replanting).

Otherwise I'd just use something like a berry crop since you don't have artisan

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
As for iridium mining, your best bet is skull cavern in the top left of the desert. It's a continuation of the mines but has no elevator, requiring you to start from level 1 every time you want to mine. Since more and better ores (more iridium) spawn as you go deeper, it prioritizes descending over meticulous mining.

Therefore you want to be as fast as possible, in more ways than one. Speed buffs, explosives, a fast attacking weapon, lots of food, and staircases or stone to craft them as you descend.

If you want any more tips feel free to search for advice threads here on the forums, there are a bunch of great resources for starting off in skull cavern.

toastercat8

Greenhorn
Starfruit, it can even be better for profit than ancient fruit if you're growing it fast enough - in 9 or 8 days (a harvest every 8 or 7 if accounting for constant replanting).

Otherwise I'd just use something like a berry crop since you don't have artisan
I saw a dude on yt plant a whole green house and get 110k
but it has like 50k upfront costs lmao
i only got 30K
tbh ill just plant strawberries , blueberries and some starfruit cuz im a casual fr

You should see me build minecraft farms tho lmao
idk y but stardew is my comfort game, dont like to get too technical
anyways thx for helping out

toastercat8

Greenhorn
As for iridium mining, your best bet is skull cavern in the top left of the desert. It's a continuation of the mines but has no elevator, requiring you to start from level 1 every time you want to mine. Since more and better ores (more iridium) spawn as you go deeper, it prioritizes descending over meticulous mining.

Therefore you want to be as fast as possible, in more ways than one. Speed buffs, explosives, a fast attacking weapon, lots of food, and staircases or stone to craft them as you descend.

If you want any more tips feel free to search for advice threads here on the forums, there are a bunch of great resources for starting off in skull cavern.
oh ok i will search for some starter tips
cuz the guides on yt say u need like a million (overexageration) staircases and a million bombs and desert warp totems and i dont got that kinda money
also most guides need iridium to get iridium its crazy 💀💀

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
oh ok i will search for some starter tips
cuz the guides on yt say u need like a million (overexageration) staircases and a million bombs and desert warp totems and i dont got that kinda money
also most guides need iridium to get iridium its crazy 💀💀
The trick is to start small, you'll get practice doing those smaller runs anyway, so it's only a win, even if you get less iridium than you want straight off the bat.

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I saw a dude on yt plant a whole green house and get 110k
but it has like 50k upfront costs lmao
i only got 30K
tbh ill just plant strawberries , blueberries and some starfruit cuz im a casual fr

You should see me build minecraft farms tho lmao
idk y but stardew is my comfort game, dont like to get too technical
anyways thx for helping out
You can get far more if you're processing too, which is where the single harvest crops shine, otherwise the profit margins are low enough that most multiharvest crops are just plain better in the greenhouse

toastercat8

Greenhorn
You can get far more if you're processing too, which is where the single harvest crops shine, otherwise the profit margins are low enough that most multiharvest crops are just plain better in the greenhouse
ill prolly use a dehydrator cuz i dont wanna make 5 million kegs lol
thx alot for helping