NSFW ads on the wiki

Ereo

Helper
Is there any way for you to influence the kind of ads displayed on the wiki?

Most ads displayed to me in the last couple of days were very explicit, and since this is a kids game as well I don't think that is appropriate.

I've been reporting them with the function under the ad, but so far I still get the same content.

Lightharion

Greenhorn
I do believe that ads displayed on any site recently are influenced with what your IP has been looking for, for example I get anime / crunchyroll / webtoon ads because that's what I've the most on my search history, so maybe perhaps someone has been searching NSFW things with your IP and that's the kind of ads that are displayed on your feed

Ereo

Helper
This is the only site were this kind of ads is displayed, and I know no one has been looking for that kind of stuff here, so I don't think that's the problem.

A Junimo

Planter
Just ignore them. I never get any inappropriate ads, just annoying ones, but whenever I ''report'' an ad all it takes is to reload the page and-pop!-there it is again.
Google (if that's the search engine you're using, like me,) has really short-term memory, so don't bother trying to solve the issue by 'reporting' ads. I would suggest directly addressing the problem through the link that liquidkitten posted up there.

rippytrippy

Planter
You could try using a different browser... Google is pretty bad

but yeah the wiki doesn't even have ads anymore like Odin said ;/

You could try using a different browser... Google is pretty bad
There is not much choice, Firefox is dying, Edge is intrusive... There is still Opera maybe ? Nah...

If Chrome is the most used (>66%), there is a reason. Even in China, where Google is blocked, Chrome is the most used (58%)...

Anyway, changing browser would probably not fix any of this problem.

I have one answer. ADBLOCKER!!! It is free for chrome and firefox.
Hiding a problem is not solving it ;)
I would advice to use uBlock origin instead of adblock which was found to sell "whitelisting" https://www.entrepreneur.com/articl... "less extreme",itself -- through its filters.