NPC relations

thestor

Greenhorn
Hello, I am brand new here, so sorry if I write what has been discussed before.

What makes Stardew Valley so special to me are the NPCs. For some reason they just click for me, maybe because they first appear as tired old cliches but once you get to know them, they often are considerably deeper than first appearances would suggest. or maybe because I just plain like the lot of them.

So I am in favor for anything that adds to the NPCs. I thought about the player developing relations between different NPCs. Some ideas:

1:
helping NPCs get married. All possible combinations would surely be too much, but maybe the established relations could be explored further? I am thinking Alex-Haley, Abigail-Sebastian and Lewis-Marnie for example. Of course, the player cannot marry the characters involved, though I imagine the relationship could be cancelled at the Witch's hut? (Never used that myself tbh)
2:
Patching up non-romantic relations. Like, helping Sebastian and Demetrius to get along, maybe have Seb code something for a project of Demetrius. Or help Jodi with her live, like maybe get Sam to take Vincent for a sleepover once a week somewhere else so she can have a night for herself (and help with house chores). Or having Haley and Emily do something together, like nature photos or messing with photos in the dark room to make some spaced-out shots (photo-manipulation without a computer) Or Linus and the rest of the town in general, making him stand besides and not apart.
3:
Maybe a follow-up event to some heart-events, showing how a NPC influences his fellow townspeople. The idea that came to me would be a follow-up to Elliot's eight heart-event, where you meet various townsfolk in the library, remarking how they got into reading again. Maybe kinda similar to Alex's 14-heart event.