NPC clothing changes

Marshmawo

Sodbuster
I feel like this might be a little specific but i really wish the npc's/villagers would change their clothes for the seasons/weather :( i really hate seeing pam standing out in the rain and i always think "i really want to give her an umbrella and a jacket ; ;"
i also think it would make more sense for characters like Haley who are obviously interested in fashion, so it would be nice to see her wearing different outfits, and she could even talk about them. i think it could also give way into seeing Harvey interact with them more since they could say "i got caught out in the rain without my jacket" so they need to be treated for a cold. Or maybe we could see Jodi talking with vincent about putting a jacket on before he leaves the house, and we could see him entering his room to get one. Though im not sure how showing a villager changing could work.. i guess they could just suddenly be wearing a new outfit after going to their dresser ahah, im sure pixels are hard to work with for something like that.

tl;dr outfits like rain jackets and umbrellas for rainy days and snow jackets with boots for snow etc would be nice to see on npc's so i dont have to worry about them anymore :')

Ellajoy

Rancher
I feel like this might be a little specific but i really wish the npc's/villagers would change their clothes for the seasons/weather :( i really hate seeing pam standing out in the rain and i always think "i really want to give her an umbrella and a jacket ; ;"
i also think it would make more sense for characters like Haley who are obviously interested in fashion, so it would be nice to see her wearing different outfits, and she could even talk about them. i think it could also give way into seeing Harvey interact with them more since they could say "i got caught out in the rain without my jacket" so they need to be treated for a cold. Or maybe we could see Jodi talking with vincent about putting a jacket on before he leaves the house, and we could see him entering his room to get one. Though im not sure how showing a villager changing could work.. i guess they could just suddenly be wearing a new outfit after going to their dresser ahah, im sure pixels are hard to work with for something like that.

tl;dr outfits like rain jackets and umbrellas for rainy days and snow jackets with boots for snow etc would be nice to see on npc's so i dont have to worry about them anymore :')
My idea for the problem of changing clothes is that they do not change when you can see them. For jackets and stuff like that you will see a small action so it doesn't look like clothes just appeared on them.
Love your idea!

vespertines

Tiller
I don't know if you use mods, but there is a mod for that! It's called Seasonal Villager Outfits. It even has different outfits for festivals and even costumes for Spirits Eve. That being said I'd love to have that as an in-game feature too