Now, i cannot find the Living Hat!

HaleyRocks

Farmer
I started my new save, just to get Work Boots, from remixed mine rewards.

Now though, i cannot find the Living Hat, which i did find in my previous save, in which i couldn't fish the Work Boots!

Grrr 😰

Cross-save items transfer, when?

Last edited:

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
You can farm for the living hat a few ways

1. reset the mines level 21 or 81 using the elevator, this method takes like 20-30 hours though

2. get to the ginger island, sleep a couple years to let weeds take over the entire island farm, then reset the day and mine the weeds. This method takes 3-4 hours worth of resets on average, and sleeping only takes something like 15-20 minutes

HaleyRocks

Farmer

1. reset the mines level 21 or 81 using the elevator, this method takes like 20-30 hours though

2. get to the ginger island, sleep a couple years to let weeds take over the entire island farm, then reset the day and mine the weeds. This method takes 3-4 hours worth of resets on average, and sleeping only takes something like 15-20 minutes
I got them in sewers back room, in which the magic ink quest takes place, in the other save. Isn't this a good source?

Also, since you are very knowledgeable, can i ask something? Is daily luck and luck from food buffs, useful for farming rare items or a complete waste?

Last but not least, can i get it from Green Rain weeds, too?

Last edited:

chemster

Farmhand

(lame Humor ahead):

You forgot the third way:

3. Say very loudly, "Oh, well, I guess I don't need the Living hat anyhow, there are more important things for me to carry around", while your inventory is nearly full and you go about mutilating weeds. You need to sound like you mean it.

Lew Zealand

Helper
I didn't know that Green rain weeds counted, too... At long last; in one save, both Living Hat and Work Boots!!!

Now, onwards to Full Perfection just one more time (grrr). The quest to collect each and every item in the game, is still on!
Wow that was quick! Congratulations!

No really why was that so quick? I fully expect @sameperson_differentfont to post that they've found the Work Boots now if quick is the order of the day.

Because I have now fully scythed EVERY SINGLE WEED on the map for 5 years with no Living Hat.

3. Say very loudly, "Oh, well, I guess I don't need the Living hat anyhow, there are more important things for me to carry around", while your inventory is nearly full and you go about mutilating weeds. You need to sound like you mean it.
Oh. Well that makes sense now, doesn't it.

I didn't not want it convincingly enough.

Well Year 6 Green rain is only 3.8 seasons away…

No really why was that so quick? I fully expect @sameperson_differentfont to post that they've found the Work Boots now if quick is the order of the day.
They started a new save and got it from the mines. I have no intentions of starting a new save until 1.6 arrives. Then I suppose I can get the work boots and living hat. They also got really lucky. Which I’m not apparently.

the living hat imo is easier to grind for than the work boots. Yes, it may take more time, but it requires much less preparation and is more mindless, which means it’s easier to keep going.

I didn't know that Green rain weeds counted, too... At long last; in one save, both Living Hat and Work Boots!!!

Now, onwards to Full Perfection just one more time (grrr). The quest to collect each and every item in the game, is still on!
Are you going to beat Junimo kart or Prairie King? Other than the work boots I think those are the two things I’d say I don’t have in perfection. Anything else you name I have though.

HaleyRocks

Farmer
Are you going to beat Junimo kart or Prairie King? Other than the work boots I think those are the two things I’d say I don’t have in perfection. Anything else you name I have though.
Junimo Kart is the very last thing i will ever do. IF i manage to pull through, that is. Is insanely difficult.

(Prairy King, i actually managed)

Last edited:

MogBeoulve

Farmer
@sameperson_differentfont so we're gonna be hunting for switch seeds for remixed mine work boots when 1.6 finally drops, yes?

ETA: I'm guessing this would involve running a bunch of test files (I plan to use Meadowlands farm, not sure if that matters) to sleep through until I can check the level 10 reward, then use the switch predictor (enter in date and traveling cart items, right?) to make it cough up the seed. Then, enter that seed on a new game to finally enjoy easy work boots. Do you guys think this would work, given enough tries?

Last edited:
@sameperson_differentfont so we're gonna be hunting for switch seeds for remixed mine work boots when 1.6 finally drops, yes?

ETA: I'm guessing this would involve running a bunch of test files (I plan to use Meadowlands farm, not sure if that matters) to sleep through until I can check the level 10 reward, then use the switch predictor (enter in date and traveling cart items, right?) to make it cough up the seed. Then, enter that seed on a new game to finally enjoy easy work boots. Do you guys think this would work, given enough tries?
Yes, it would!!! Honestly there wouldn't need to be that many tries, I've gotten work boots on practically all my remixed bundle saves. Also I'm going to play on Meadowlands farm too, looks like we're in the same boat. :)

FilthyGorilla

Local Legend
I got them in sewers back room, in which the magic ink quest takes place, in the other save. Isn't this a good source?

Also, since you are very knowledgeable, can i ask something? Is daily luck and luck from food buffs, useful for farming rare items or a complete waste?

Last but not least, can i get it from Green Rain weeds, too?
Yeah the mutant bug lair is ok, it just doesn't regenerate upon entry, good for one off farming every once in a while though.

As for your second question, it depends, but generally it won't help, if you want you can name the items you're looking for and I'll tell you if luck affects chances for finding them

Prrsha

Cowpoke
A question… is it possible to get every item in the game without mods or cheating? Let’s say you need Work Boots AND a Femur (weapon)? They are both in the level 10 chest (excluding that you can obtain it from fishing) so you could only get one or the other in a single player game, correct?

Also there is a painting you can only find on the Island Farm, so what happens if you choose another farm? Can things like that still be obtained?

Lew Zealand

Helper
A question… is it possible to get every item in the game without mods or cheating? Let’s say you need Work Boots AND a Femur (weapon)? They are both in the level 10 chest (excluding that you can obtain it from fishing) so you could only get one or the other in a single player game, correct?

Also there is a painting you can only find on the Island Farm, so what happens if you choose another farm? Can things like that still be obtained?
The Riverland Farmhouse painting is called 'World Map' and is available in 2 other locations in game. It used to be that you could only get one of Penny's 14 :heart: Event custom house decorations in a save but now most of them are available from her Desert Festival Shop. But there are things which are not available at all, like the Panda Hat. It was a location and time-limited exclusive. Assuming it has a regular item ID, that's the one thing I would change my name to in the Shrine of Illusions to obtain.

OK maybe the Work Boots, too. But only to give them to @sameperson_differentfont .

HaleyRocks

Farmer

Every item in one save file? Impossible.

One or two like the Panda hat, had certain conditions to be met, that most players worldwide couldn't.

With careful selection and planning, you can get the normally available items. But you have to use multiplayer, especially for Femur and your original save, should had been created with "Remixed Mine Rewards" activated. Then, perform the "glitch", with changing World Seed, so as the Femur appears and keep changing it, until all the items you want show up.

A special painting is only available in the Beach Farm.

If you want all portraits and all spouse exclusive items, you have to marry -> earn items -> divorce -> remarry through all 13 of them (Krobus included)... And still, you cannot get Penny's 3 comlete sets, but only 1 of them, since it works only once; then get the rest during the Desert Festival, but those found there are not the full range.

Last but not least, earning the Junimo !@#$ cabinet $#@! would be the hardest task of all, inside the entire game. I cannot see myself succeeding at that, despite having done almost everything else the game has to offer and you can collect.