Windows Not able to make the menus work with controller (PC)

Dreizehn

Farmhand
Hi!
Is there any way to play on pc with controllers without having to use the mouse arrow pointer?

I have configured my steam controller and can play quite well since I have mapped a button to put the cursor in the top left corner, but when I am in the inventory I still need to use the cursor (by using the controller touchpad) to choose items.
I have never played Stardew Valley on console, but I assume the menus support controller input on the consoles. I have spent the last two evenings looking online for a solution and trying out on how to do this but was not successful.
Since I have not much time to play and spend the time for trying out, I thought I should ask here if anyone knows a way.

Can you please help me here finding a way or tell me what I am missing?
As the game runs on consoles as well, I cannot believe there is no way this works - also since the dev has so much time for all the additional content and fixes.

edit: During the search I have also found a post by Concerned Ape himself, stating that we should enable steam input in the steam controller settings and use the default (recommended) configuration, but that sadly did not work - I could not even move the character anymore, so I guess that one is outdated.

Last edited: